Part 11

Kristiel's POV

As we wait for Dr. Linda to pick up and I can't help but start to get nervous. I feel my palms become sweaty and I wipe the free one on my legs. Suddenly, my hand is gently grabbed by Lucifer's large one and I begin to calm down a bit. My breath hitches as the other end of the line is answered. It's finally happening.

"Hello?" Came the groggy voice of our therapist.

"Dr. Linda, it's Kristiel." I answer her.

"Oh, right, did you talk to Lucifer about scheduling a couples session?" She asks as I hear her sitting up in her bed.

"Umm...about that...because I know him so well, and it's hard to schedule his time, I figured we could have it over the phone...right now." Silence falls on the other side of the line before she heaves a tired sigh.

"Sure." She answers reluctantly. "Do you have a laptop with a webcam? It would be benifitial for me to see the two of you interacting in real time." I think about it.

"Uh, yes, I believe I do." I answer as I motion for Lucifer to go grab my laptop on my desk. He rolls his eyes, but does as I silently asked. "Don't roll your eyes at me." I tell him.

"We need to calm down, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's tired right now." Lucifer hands me my laptop.

"Thank you." I tell him.

"You're welcome." He replies as he sits back down next to me. Dr. Linda instructs me on how to join the skype call before I set the laptop on the coffee table. I hang up with her on my actual phone as her face appears on my laptop screen.

"Okay, lets just make sure we can hear each other." She says.

"We can hear you perfectly." I answer.

"Good, and I can hear you."

"Okay, so...where do you suggest we start?" I ask.

"Let's leave the big one until last." She answers, knowing what I wanted to start with.

"What would be the little ones?" I ask.

"How about we start with you trying to get his attention." She suggests.

"I am fine with him not praising me for things I do." I reply, getting a bit irritated. "I would like to have some sort of sex life in this millennium." I slightly raise my voice.

"Kris...I need you to take a few breaths and calm down. We will get to it." the doctor says, calmly. "Lucifer..." She turns her attention to him as I take some deep breaths with my head in my hands. "Kristiel is a very talented woman. I can see that from the costume on that mannequin behind you." I look behind us and realize that my almost finished Mercy cosplay is there. Lucifer looks at it as well.

"Well, of course, I know she excels in just about anything she does." He states.

"Have you told her how good she's doing?"

"She knows how much I value her talents." Lucifer answers her with a smile before looking over at me. I quickly shift my gaze from him to my lap. "You do, don't you?" He asks.

"Umm...well...it would be nice if you actually said it every once and a while." I finally admit. "Ever since we got here, you've done nothing but party. I was left to figure out how I fit in here all by myself, and I felt lost for years."

"Kris...I-"

"No, I'm not finished." I tell him. "When I actually found the cosplay community...I felt like I was actually being appreciated for something good."