Battleworld Pt. I

When Peter came home later that night, it was as if you were planning a heist. Papers were strewn everywhere, he could tell you were extremely hopped up on coffee, and there were holograms and files dancing around the apartment.

Ducking out from under a video of you and your father dancing at Tony and Pepper's wedding, he cleared his throat to make himself known.

"Sweetheart?" he asked softly.

You looked up, pencil falling from your mouth as you smiled at him.

"Hey! Hey welcome home," you said, grasping his shoulders and giving him a kiss. "I'm so glad you're here. I have this idea."

"Where did you go? Everyone kept asking me where you went and you weren't picking up your phone. Are you okay?" Peter asked, sitting down on the couch.

He picked up a file on the coffee table and noticed it was the minutes from a meeting during the time before you went after Thanos for the second time - the time after the Snap and after you'd gotten everyone back.

"What are you - What is all this?"

"Okay, babe, I need you to listen very closely and just let me talk," you said, kneeling before him and placing your hand on his knee, "I know you're going to have a lot of questions and comments but I just need you to hear me out first, okay?"

"You're scaring me," Peter whispered. "Are you drunk?"

He cupped your face, squishing your cheeks as your lips puckered. You rolled your eyes, pushing Peter's hands off your cheeks. "Noooo," you whined, "Listen to my plan!"

Peter chuckled, shaking his head and leaning back. "Okay, sweetheart. What's going on?"

"Okay," you took a deep breath and kissed his nose before leaning away. "I met Stephen's apprentice today. Zelma."

"Stephen has an apprentice?"

"Yeah and there's something slightly off about her? Like magic-wise? I can't really figure it out but she's really, really nice and she has a dog."

"Oh," Peter nodded, "Cool."

"She said something that got me thinking," you said, standing up and grabbing one of the large stacks of files, flipping through it.

"She said something about how once time travel exists, timelines are irrelevant, right?"

"She said that?"

You sighed, "Well, no. She didn't say that exactly. But what she said got me thinking about something like that," you admitted.

"Well, what did she say?"

"That just because our three strongest Avengers are gone doesn't mean we can't defeat the Beyonders. No one's ever truly gone," you said, "Dad, Steve, Thor - they aren't gone forever."

"Well -"

"No one's ever truly gone," you whispered, a wide smile on your face.

Peter started to feel a bit uneasy as you flipped through a couple more pages. He could see this heated frenzy working up in your system, and he could see the manic expression behind your eyes that caused him to realize whatever you were thinking of, there was no stopping you.

"There's always been this moment I was confused about," you said, "It was the night before Dad figured out how to travel back and we were all gearing up to go. He just disappeared for three hours and none of us knew where he went."