Battleworld Pt. III

Stephen was floating.

His whole body was extended in midair - the Eye of Agamotto glowing brightly as his arms were spread wide and head back with his eyes towards the sky.

"Yo! Wiz!" Tony called up, his suit securing around him as you watched your dad fly up to Stephen's level.

"Dad wait! Don't - !" you called up just as your dad was about to reach for Stephen's hand.

It was a bit too late, as a flash of green burst from the Eye of Agamotto and Tony was sent tumbling backwards in the sky.

"Dad!" you said, running to where he'd been hurled against a tree.

"There are no broken bones or bruises, Miss Stark," Sherlock, your suit AI informed you.

You breathed a sigh of relief.

"The stone is going to protect him," you said as you dad groaned and sat up, his mask falling from his face.

"What's he up to?" your dad grumbled. "What stunts has he got going on thistime?"

"I don't think he's in control," you said, offering your dad your hand.

He grumbled as he took it, righting himself as you put your hand on his back. "You okay?"

"What are we going to do about him?" your dad asked.

"That's pure energy around him," Rocket said as he checked at some holograms he was pulling up. "No one is getting through that."

You looked around, noticing Stephen's clothing and the flask peeking out of his outer robes he'd taken off for the night.

"We don't need to get in," you said, your suit retracting around your legs as you shot up into the sky.

"Y/N!" Peter called, "What are you doing?"

"I've got this," you said, hovering over Stephen as you uncapped the flask.

It smelled awful, and you wrinkled your nose as you did your best to not inhale anymore of the scent. It smelled like tar burning and decomposing bodies, and you couldn't help but cough as you held your hand over your mouth and nose.

Stephen's mouth was open already - barely - but you figured you could tilt the flask and the liquid would get through and fall into his mouth. You weren't sure if this was going to work, but maybe if Stephen woke up and noticed what was happening then he'd be able to control the stone.

Peter felt like his chest was in knots as he stood next to Steve, watching as your legs barely moved back and forth as you hovered above Stephen, tilting the flask.

"She's going to get herself hurt," Steve mumbled.

"Wouldn't be the first time," Sam agreed.

"She's going to be fine. They both are," Peter said, "Don't jinx it."

The liquid easily fell past the energy force field the Eye was creating and into Stephen's mouth. You waited a moment, barely breathing, and then flew back a bit when you noticed Stephen's eyes start to open.

His hands flew up, and the force field dissipated from around him. Reed was quick to stretch out, widening his hands into large mattress-like structures that Stephen could fall on as he hit the ground.

"What was that?" Scott asked, running up to Stephen and helping him off Reed's hands. "Are you okay?"

"Dreams," Stephen mumbled, "These are the dreams."