The Darkness

Stricken with fear and a cold sweat, she awoke. Her hands shaking and her mind zooming with thoughts. The Darkness, it's gotten to me she thought, and it had in fact. The monsters under the bed, the boogieman, and other names it may have, but it was always recognized as one thing, the Dark. It watched her, and sometimes it would even go as far as touch her. Tonight it had scratched her, the wound was not that deep, but she had had enough and needed to stop it. Next time it would probably kill her if she wasn't careful. Whenever the darkness did anything to her she would always leave the light on, she has dark circles under her eyes and needs to wear glasses from how much strain she puts on them. 

***

"Mila, honey, time to wake up!" cried Mila's mom. Although she was already awake she replied with a "Okay, mom..." Mila quickly stripped her pajamas off and started getting ready for whatever the day would throw at her. As she stumbled downstairs, Mila ran into her younger brother. 

"Hey,  watch it! You almost broke my project!" 

"Well I'm sorry that you have to take that stupid thing everywhere with you."

"Hey! You shouldn't talk like that! I'm gonna tell Mom!" 

"Whatever." Conversations with Michael were excruciating.

Mila continued on her way with getting ready and soon left. School was something she didn't care much for, homework was optional and grades didn't matter. She got out of the car waved her mother goodbye. As she was making her way to the front gate someone had screamed "Wassup LOSER?!" Of all the people that could be alive this morning, it just had to be Damien Fraizer. Mila whipped her head around to see that Damien was actually yelling at her. "My choices in this life will surely kill me" she thought aloud. She walked absentmindedly towards the annoying boy, grabbed the collar of his shirt, and whispered "Do you know how much I go through? How long I've slept in years? The Darkness hurts me and soon it will hurt you, too. You should watch out." The face that Damien made was one that had seen many horrors. He looked scared shit-less not because Mila had threatened him with her very problem, but because she had acted out in such a weird way everyone stared at her as if she was otherworldly. 

a/n: that's my new puppy (as of 3/25/20). his name is newt.