II.

"fuck."

you groaned as you heard your alarm clock blaring at your ear, you lightly turned it off but inside you want to smash it.

but you can't afford buying another one, can you?

you groggily sat up at your couch, you let your sleepy adjust for a moment before fully standing up. you stretched, then your stomach growled, you hummed and grabbed a cup noodle you bought before you fell asleep on the couch.

you went to the kitchen to boil some water, while it's boiling you opened the necessities for the noodle. you heard the kettle scream, you turned off the stove and poured the hot water.

you carried the cooking cup noddles back to the couch and waited. you sat back down at the couch and looked up in the ceiling, planning to do today.

even though, you don't want to go out. a little sunlight won't hurt, right?

3 minutes or so passed and your dinner/breakfast is ready, you opened the lid again and grabbed your fork to curl some noodles.

while eating, you heard your phone vibrate. you settled your food down the coffee table and opened your phone to see what it is.

a new cafe opening? isn't france have enough cafes? also, how did you get this message?

whatever, at least you have an excuse to get out of the house. you turned off your phone and continued to eat your noddles.

as you're finished, you threw the empty cup and drank some water. you changed your attire into a jason dean style and you're ready to go.

you grabbed your phone and locked your apartment. you plugged in your earphones and listened to music.

you looked at your phone for the direction of the cafe, a few blocks from where you are. you crossed the road, and reached the street where the cafe is.

you can see a decent amount of people are inside the cafe, you huffed and got in. the atmosphere is the usual cafe, the smell of freshly brewed coffee and yellow lighting for aesthetics.

you walked to the counter and you were greeted, well, at least tried to greet you in french. "i can speak english." you said, reassuring them.

the person behind the counter sighed in relief "thank goodness. . . so what your order?" a brooklyn kind of accent spoke.

you can't help but look at the person. she has a black pigtails and has pink tips, her mascara is messy and has pink eyes too.

you haven't seen anyone with pink eyes before. it's quiet. . . luring.

"um. . . hello?" the person waved their hand across your face, you snapped out of your daze and cleared your throat. "s-sorry."

"i'll just have (favorite coffee/tea), medium." then you placed the money on the counter, the person nodded, grabbed a cup and a pen. "what's your name?"

"y-y/n." you pursed your lips as you stutter, my god why the fuck am i stuttering?! you screamed inside your head. the person giggled "it's fine, social interactions ain't my thing either." the person gave you a smile.

"my name's spinel." she held out her hand, you hesitantly shook it. spinel turned her back "peeps one medium (coffee/tea)!"

the person near the blenders has a eye patch on their left eye. ken kaneki?

spinel turned her attention back to you "you can sit down while we're makin' your drink." she flashed a smile again, you felt your cheeks heat up and nodded as you went off to find a table.

you covered at face with your long trench coat collar and watched as spinel attends other costumers. she sucks at french that's obvious, but it's cute seeing her try.

then you heard your name bring called, it was the eye patch girl. you stood up and went to pick up your drink, as you grabbed your drink, you saw a piece of paper underneath it.

it has a wet circle but you can clearly see it's a phone number. you looked at the eye patch girl who's working on other drinks, gave you a wink.

you frowned and proceeded back to your table, you took a tip out of your drink and hummed in satisfaction. it's pretty good.

you looked at the phone number again, you're thinking if you should throw it away or give it a call or text when you get home.

you kept it.

you stuffed the number on your pocket and leaned back against the chair, you watched as some cars and people pass by, some got in the cafe.

you removed your eyes from the window to look at spinel again, she's still serving the people's orders. you took another sip and then stood up, before you get to walk out the cafe.

"p-please come again." spinel's voice sound like she's hoping you'd come back, you turned your head back to her and grinned.

"bien sûr ma chérie."

spinel looked confused but you left her to figure that out.