XII.

~time skip~

you've been falling for eight days and you can finally see the land of hell. on the corner you can see some body of water. you angled yourself to it so you don't have to kiss the ground.

few seconds until impact, you used your fire to slightly levitate you towards the water but the immense heat tartarus has made you lose focus and fall completely into the water.

you got to the surface, you looked at tartarus and all of those legends and myths are true.

you felt the water move, you looked down and then behind you to see serpent like monster.

"welcome to purgatory." it said with a deep voice. you raised your eyebrow "i got to purgatory two days ago and it isn't as hot as here. also there's no monsters there except a lady behind the counter."

the monster growled, it lifted it's tail to smash it onto you. you dodged and threw the monster fireballs, it avoided it but one hit it's neck. the serpent hissed and slithered to bite you.

you jumped on top of it's head and ran towards it's nape, you grabbed ahold tightly and lit your hand with your intense fire then drove it into the serpent's nape hard.

but it broke your hand instead.

you screamed in pain and fell back into the water. you forgot drakons have hard skins.

"pathetic." it said. it's eyes started glowing and you know it's going to paralyse you, you avoided it's gaze and tried to get out of here.

you felt a burning sensation on your leg, you looked down to see the monster spat venom. you gritted your teeth, you expected the water will heal you but this water is different from the water on earth.

you clenched your fist together and backed the serpent off, that's enough time to get out of the swamp and get somewhere, away from there.

you got through some blackened trees which us unsettling, then you saw another small body of water. you frowned thinking there's another monster wandering around underneath it, you looked down at your leg to see blood oozing out.

you ripped a piece of your shirt and tied the cloth tightly on your venomed leg. you went close to the body of water, you took a deep breath and walked in cautiously.

thank zeus there's nothing in the water, you dipped your broken hand for a few seconds to see if it'll heal.

nothing.

the waters is tartarus is hopeless.

as you finally got across safely. you met upon a flat wasteland, there's a hill on the other side of the wasteland and there's a temple standing.

you eyes widen as you can see a slight hope that you can get out of here. you wish you can run fast but your injured leg is holding you back.

you got to the hill, you have to walk it up which will be a pain in the ass and your leg but you have to. you got your first footing and started to go up.