Hated

My whole existence lie in one simple line, 

"Death will come for us all" 

Across the known and unknown world do I roam, this whole world is my workplace never going back home. Come to think of it, do I have a home to go to? I don't remember having one, since getting assigned to this job I remember nothing from when I lived among mortals. With Immortality comes responsibility, or so say the one who stands above me, of every being in this world really. He is the creator and even me who takes the lives of those he created is inferior to him and is under his complete power and authority. I am his servant and his will is this lowly being's command. But even so, I must not be underestimated. I posses powers beyond the comprehension of a mere mortal. Those who try to cheat me end up in a shallow grave with no one remembering their name, sealing their fate at the lowest part of the afterlife suffering for all eternity until I say so. My cruelty to those who angered me is something that will shake this world, death is too kind for the likes of those people and I will make sure that they suffer, because that is what they deserve. But to those people who have lived a righteous and kind life, has pleased the creator, and has genuinely pleased me will the end of their life be peaceful. They wil be sorrounded by the people who love them genuinely and it will be painless. They shall die smiling as i take their hand towards the afterlife.

Three accounts will I tell you o dear reader, mortals I shall never forget in my immortal life and as long as I am the one with the scythe will their name be in my mind and heart, for all eternity will I remember them. The first is a young man woman named Sarah of the house Crown. She is a woman of nobility, posessing power and prestige, But of all the nobles I have seen birthed in this world, she is the most humble. She never brags about her wealth and is never flashy. With her long golden hair tied in a bun, and with only a ring given by her mother as an accessory does she explore her domain. Speaking with her people not as their lady or ruler, but as a friend and a companion. An excellent ruler is she, able to fully use the natural resources of her domain for the good of the people but also realizing that she needs to take care of her sources as well, that's why she is able to give the needs of her people and more. A true gem among the rotten kind she unfortunately belongs to, the nobles. The people love her and her neighboring nobles adore her as she teaches them ways to better themselves and their respective domains. I dare say she is deserving of immortality and I myself am willing to give her one. She will forever be the guardian of her domain and she deserves it. Immortality and all the powers that come with it. I appeared to her and at first she was frightened but then a look of understanding fills her face. She had seen me before, in books, scrolls, and paintings. She knows she is standing in the presence of Death himself and she is going to die but I explained to her that I have been an ardent observer and have seen her worthy of immortality, I told her what that means and how it will become. I expected her to say yes as to all mortals given the chance to immortality and I would've been delighted to give it to her but to my utmost surprise she declined. Sarah Crown turned down immortality to live a normal and mortal life. She wanted to die, to rest after all of this over. That's when I realized how tired and fatigued she is. Never did I saw her moments alone crying and panting in her chambers . Never have I seen her sickness and headaches every night. I peered closer into her and understood, I shall grant her request and let her die when her time has come. I gave her a gift, "You will rest peacefully at the end of your time my dear Sarah, surrounded by everyone that loves you, you will be remembered for as long as I am Death. This I promise her then left. Her fate now will I keep secret from you, fated are the both of you to meet so Influence what fate has determined to shall I most respectfully not do. Till the next tales mortal, we shall see each other again.