What you didn't know

AN//: I made that little collage crap so y'all could see the characters. So please take a look at it.

Betthany's pov

Jack holds my hand while his other is tight on the steering wheel. The wind is blowing through my hair as we speed through the back roads of Rio. Jack managed to find one of Hayley's stingrays.

"Girl sure knew how to choose cars." Jack shouts over the roaring wind. I laugh in agreement. Hayley seemed to know everything. I remember the first time I saw her, I immediately hated her. From her green eyes to blonde hair. I just didn't like her. Then she helped me out one night at a party. Every since then we were a trio, her grace and me. She could've been a model that one. She had so much money, we knew her parents were big time in the drug world, but we didn't discuss it. She told us she wanted a normal life. Then Neil came along and turned our world upside down.

I remember that night too vividly. Hayley's parents had passed away a few days before and they had left their work for Hayley, of course she wanted no part of it. Neil on the other hand saw it as opportunity. Hayley refused to give it to him.

Neil had turned into a monster and was tracking Hayley down. We were in Brazil at the time. I was with Hayley. Grace had told me to go with her, she'd stop Neil. I still don't know what to this day why she thought she could stop him. Hayley told me all about the vault. We were in one of her parents hideouts just waiting for a call.

I looked up to Hayley she was beautiful, she was confident and she just was charismatic. So to watch her break down was a sight I'll never forget. She had turned to me and said that she had important information to tell me. Me being me I thought nothing of it, so I promised to keep her secret. She ended up telling me where everything was stored.

"Betthany you gotta promise, never tell anyone this information." I nodded quickly. She grabbed my hands in hers.

"It's here in Brazil, apartment 18c okay, that's where it is." Tears fell from her eyes and I couldn't understand.

"Hayley what going on why are you crying." She refused to answer my questions.

"I want you to leave here and go to Jack, don't come back inside okay. Call 911 okay. Tell them this address and get out of her as fast as possible." I shook my head. Hayley's shaking hands moved her hair away from her face. I watched as she stood up.

"What are you doing? Get out of here!" She shouted. I stood too, shaking my head.

"No I'm not leaving you, what the hell are you thinking?" I watched as she closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. A gun shot sounded and both of us looked up. Her crystal eyes rimmed with red and tears.

"Please Betthany, get out of here." I slowly backed away from her. I had no other choice. She slid me a gun and motioned to the door. I grabbed it and walked out of the room. The biggest mistake I ever made. As soon as I walked out the door slammed and I heard the lock click.

"Hayley don't do this!" I screamed and pounded on the door. I pounded and pounded, but it was useless. Minutes later a gunshot rang my ears. I knew where it came from, and I broke down. I was always the weak one out of all three of us. With a shattered heart I knew I had to do what she told me but I was too numb. Pounding footstep from the stairwell at the end of the hallway snapped me back into place. I stood up and clutched my gun, ready for anyone who came at me. It was Jack, grace was behind him. I don't think I'd ever been so relived in my life. Grace gripped me by the forearms. The only thing keeping me standing as I cried and tried to speak at the same time. Jack broke down the door. I didn't want to go in there, I knew what he'd find. I pulled away from grace and sunk down to the floor.

"Well?" Grace asked slowly when Jack returned. Jacks jaw was tight and his face was grim. Grace covered her mouth and turned away from both of us. Jack scooped me up in his arms. He elbowed grace and commanded her to call the police, we had to get out as soon as possible.

As we sped off, I could hear the sirens, but I dared not to look back.

Later on, Neil found out that she had died, and somewhere along the grape vine, he found out that I held the information he needed. That's when I began to resent Hayley again. Neil had found me. It was a midnight mission. Jack and Sammy had found Neil and we had began our mission to take him out, but he found me first. The mission went from take Neil out to rescue me. I hated that. I was tortured, terribly. I never spoke a word about the location.

Sometimes I hate Hayley so much, for telling me, but then again. I agreed to keeping her secret. I mean that's what best friends do, keep each others secrets. Being in Brazil is like the key to my memories that I had locked away. It just reminds me of it all. But I put on a brave face. I picture myself strong and untouchable like Grace. I picture nothing phasing me. It works on the outside, but it's eating me away on the inside. It's doing that it all of us, I know Jack hates himself some nights. He is so protective because he feels it's his fault Neil got to me.

I know I'll never be able to be with anyone like cameron. Anyone from outside our circle unless Neil is dead. I know if Neil isn't stopped I'll end up like Hayley. Except I won't give the information to anyone else. I won't put someone in that place.

So as Jack smiles and laughs. I soak up everything because somewhere deep inside my heart, I know Brazil is always going to be the last stop.