Chapter 26

"Ms.Sharma, get me the file number AZY113 along with a black coffee." My boss ordered through the intercom as I was working in my laptop.

It's been a week since we came back from New York and today my boss's having a annual board meeting with the shareholders of the company because of which he's being too cranky from this morning drinking coffee like water for every 30 minutes. What do I do with this chirota?

I walked into his cabin without knocking the door it's a time waste because in the way my boss was looking deep into the laptop wearing black glasses, his coat hanged on his chair involved in the work so much, chances are high that he might not heard the knock.

I walked towards his table and placed a tray of Sandwiches and orange juice in front of him.

"Ms.Sharma, Did you have a hearing problem or did you dared to disobey my orders? I asked for a black coffee." My boss said annoyed tone.

"What's there to ask, Sir?" I said in a calm voice, "I clearly disobeyed you."

"Ms.Sharma, this is not the time to waste time." My boss said looking at me, "Take away this thing and get me my coffee."

"No." I said crossing my hands in front of me.

"What?" My boss asked as if he didn't heard it right.

"You heard it right, I said I am not taking back that tray nor am I getting you your coffee."

"Are you having a wish to get fired, Ms. Sharma?" My boss said in calm yet serious voice.

"Fired for what? For not getting coffee?" I asked raising a brow.

"For not following my orders." My boss said.

"FYI It's 1pm now and I am having my lunch break." I said looking at my wtach, "Do you know what does that mean?" I asked. "I am not working for you till next half an hour and I am free to do whatever I feel like, Omkaraji." I said stressing on his name.

"I have an important board meeting and I don't have time for all these." My boss said shaking his head.

"I am your Assistant and I know when you have or don't have time for things." I said moving forward to stand in front of him with his table between us, "And now you do have time for completing this." I said pointing towards the tray of food.

"Ms.Sharma."

"Chup chap complete this food." I said in a tone that mother uses for her stubborn kid, "I was looking from morning you are drinking coffee like water, don't you have any concern about your health? I am sure you might not have had your food. Now eat those sandwiches and drink that orange juice, chop chop."

"Ms... " I narrowed my eyes at him making his stop in mid sentence.

"You.are.eating.that.underatand?" I asked in a strict tone.

"Yes." My boss said making a face like a cranky kid.

"Good." I said and stood there watching him eat the sandwiches looking at them in accusation.

I controlled my smile looking at his face which looked cute like a kid with a angry pout on it.

"Omkara." The cabin door open revealing a classy and well dressed lady in her late 40's.

"Mom." Omkara ji said looking at the lady, seems like she's Jhanvi Oberoi, the mother of this stubborn grown up kid.

"Om, how are you?" The lady said coming towards my boss and hugging him.

"I am fine, Mom." My boss said smiling, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, your dad was coming for the board meeting and I tagged along with him to see my son, who don't even have time to pay a visit to his poor old mom now a days." His mother said dramatically making me smile.

"Mom, I was caught up with work and was planning to visit you this weekend." My boss explained.

"Hmm.. Anyways I got your gifts." The lady said, which I am sure were the gifts that we brought from New York.

"Would you like to have anything, Mam?" I asked politely, only then did she noticed my presence in the room.

"Oh, sorry dear." She said looking at me, "I didn't noticed you."

"It's okay, Mam. Would you like to have anything?" I asked repeating my question.

""No, I am good." His mom said smiling, "And you are...?? " His mom questioned looking at me.

"I am Gauri Sharma, Mam, Mr. Oberoi Assistant." I said politely forwarding my hand for a handshake.

"Oh dear." Mrs. Oberoi said with a bright smile forming on her face and pulled me into a hug shocking both me and my boss.

"I loved the gifts and especially that Cashmere sweater, I always wanted one in like that in my wardrobe collection." His mom happily, "That's so nice of you to get gifts for us." She said patting my cheek while I looked at my boss shocked.

"Erm... Mom, I think you got confused, I am the one who sent you the gifts." My boss said clearing the confusion.

"Chup, I know everything." His mom said making my boss shut his mouth, "Yeah, I am aware of the thing that you are the one who sent me those gifts but I am also aware of the fact that this Sweet girl here is the one who brought gifts for us unlike my Miser son." She said in a tone of accusation.

"Mom, I brought those gifts for you. I am the one who selected that cashmere sweater and walked from shop to shop to buy those gifts. " My boss defended himself.

"Oh, cut the shit." Mrs. Oberoi said waving her hands, "My son might lie but the receipt will not." She said taking out the bill from her handbag.

"This receipt." Mrs. Oberoi said waving the piece of paper in front of my boss, "Tell that the bill was paid by Ms. Gauri Sharma." She said looking at him in accusation making my boss look down.

"Umm.. Mom... "

"Thank you, beta." His mom said to me ignoring him.

"Pleasure's mine, mam." I said giving her a polite smile.

"Oh, call me Jhanvi." She said waving her hands.

I nodded smiling.

"Mom, listen to me."

"You have a lot if explanation to do, Omkara but right now all I want is to spend some time with this sweet girl here." Jhanvi Oberoi said.

"But mom... "

"I am not listening anything besides you are getting late for the board meeting." His mom said walking away from him. "Come sweetie, we have to talk about your trip to New York and how you managed to get my son for shopping." Mrs. Oberoi said pulling me towards the coach in my boss's cabin with her.

"Okay, you guys keep talking, I will go and attend the board meeting." My boss said standing up from the chair.

"Orange juice." I said simply eyeing the Glass of Orange juice on his table.

"Ms.Sharma , I don't have time." He said trying to walk away.

I crossed my hands and gave him a stern look, without any word my boss walked back to his table and emptied the orange juice in one go.

"Happy." My boss said placing the glass on the table with force, "Now can I go? " He asked looking at me.

"Yeah, but one minute you forgot your coat." I said fetching the coat from his chair and helping him to wear it.

"Now you are good to go." I said giving him the file with a smile making him roll his eyes and walk out.

I turned around to see Jhanvi Oberoi, who was looking in my direction in Adoration?

Happy Sunday :)

No proof read :/