Chapter 35

Gauri~

I looked at the camera lights flashing as the people dressed elegantly began to walk inside the venue.

"Don't feel nervous, Ri." Rudra said placing his hand on my shoulder, "You are looking beautiful." He said smiling assuringly.

I smiled back as Rudra got down the car and opened the door for me to step out. I took his hand and stepped out of the car and walked towards the venue hooking my arm in his.

"People are going to wonder, who this beautiful date of mine is." Rudra whispered.

"You are looking handsome too." I said smiling at him. He really looked handsome in his dark grey colour suit paired with a white shirt and black square pocket that matched my black halter neck sequinned dress.

"Thank you, I am flattered." Rudra said holding his chest making me laugh.

We walked inside the venue elegantly as Paparazzi began to click the photos.

"Rudra Singh Oberoi with Gauri Sharma." Rudra said to the girl, who was checking the names in the guest list.

"Welcome to the party, Sir." The girl smiled showing us the way.

As we were about to go inside we heard people shouting at the entrance making us turn around.

A red BMW car halted before the gates of the Venue and getting out of the car opening the door was none other than my boss, who was dressed in a black three piece suit with a red square pocket and his shoulder length hair open which he flipped making the Paparazzi and Girls go Gaga over him.

He walked towards the passenger side to open the door for his date, whom everyone was eagerly waiting to see including me and Rudra. He opened the door and forwarding his hand for his date, who was none other than Bhavya!

"You said she has plans this weekend?" I asked looking at Rudra, who has a shocked look on his face.

"She said she has plans which can't be cancelled." Rudra said looking at Bhavya, who was looking beautiful in her Red lace dress.

Omkara ji and Bhavya walked towards us.

"Omkara Singh Oberoi with Bhavya Rathore." Omkara ji said to the girl, who was blushing looking at my boss.

"Good evening, guys." My boss greeted us as Bhavya followed beside him.

"You told me you have plans this weekend." Rudra accused Bhavya ignoring Omkaraji's greeting.

"I really have plans." Bhavya said softly.

"That I can see." Rudra said looking at Bhavya in accusation.

"She had plans, Rudra." Omkara ji said interrupting Rudra, "But I am the boss and I asked her to cancel them." My boss said smirking evilly.

This Devil Man.

"What else can I do? My assistant was busy and I have to find a date somehow. So, I requested Ms.Rathore to accompany me." Omkaraji said smiling.

Requested my foot, this arrogant man might have threatened poor Bhavya to accompany him to the party as his date.

"Shall we walk inside, Ms.Rathore?" My boss said offering his arm for Bhavya to take.

Bhavya held his arm and walked inside the venue passing a small smile in our direction.

"I didn't expect this from him." Rudra said looking at Bhavya's back.

"Neither me." I said.

"He's clearly taking revenge on me for taking you to the party as my date." Rudra said as we walked inside the party.

"I don't think so." I said.

"I know about him very well, Ri. I grew up with him." Rudra said pulling out a chair for me to sit, "He's the possessive one in our home."

"Excuse me, Gauri." Rudra said walking towards Bhavya, who was sitting alone in the corner table.

I just nodded my head looking in the direction of my boss, who was talking with businessmen elegantly.

I began to assess his features silently, the way his hair bounced, his chocolate brown orbs twinkled when he smiled and those two cute dimples, He suddenly looked in my direction and gave a soft smile with a wink and continued speaking with the men. His smile made my insides warm, I just shook my head and began to drink the orange juice that the waiter served before.

"Hello Gorgeous." A voice came making me look away from my mobile.

"Hello." I said looking at the person in front of me, who was in the same height as Omkara ji dressed up in Navy blue suit with a creepy look that made me pull on my guard in attention immediately.

"So bad, that a lady like you is left alone without company." He said sitting in front of me.

"My date went to speak with few friends, will be here in any minute." I said politely.

"I am Sourav Mehta, CEO of Mehta Industries." He said forwarding his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Mehta." I said politely ignoring his hand shake.

"Will you dance with me?" He asked straightly.

"Sorry, I can't." I declined.

"It's just a dance, please." He said trying to grab my hand.

"You heard the lady, Mr. Mehta." My boss said in a serious tone standing near our table.

"Mr.Oberoi." Mr. Mehta said standing up. "I was just asking the lady for a dance."

"Sorry, Mr. Mehta, My date can't dance with you." My boss said wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to him making me feel protected.

"My bad." Mr. Mehta said giving a tight smile, "Enjoy the party." He said and walked away.

"Are you alright?" My boss asked taking off his hand and I nodded.

"Where has Rudra gone leaving you alone?" My boss asked angrily.

"He went to meet, Bhavya." I said softly, "It's okay, I am good now."

"Let him come, I am gonna break his bones." My boss said sitting in the chair and drinking the remaining juice from my glass.

"It's okay, leave him alone." I said, "Why are you always annoying Rudra."

"Now you are supporting him." My boss said annoyed.

"Off course, He's my friend before you." I smiled irritating my boss further.

"Anyways, how did you managed to bring Bhavya to the party." I asked and my boss gave me a big grin.

"I am the boss, I told her if she want her job, she has to come to party with me." My boss said with a big smile.

"What else can I expect from you." I said shaking my head.

"Mr.Oberoi." Mr. Riley called from distance.

"You can go, I am good now." I said looking at my boss, who was contemplating to leave my side.

"Are you sure?" My boss asked.

"Positive." I assured him with a smile. "Besides I want to use the restroom, you can go and speak with him." I said squeezing his hand.

"Okay, Stay Safe and call me if needed." My boss said placing a warm kiss on my forehead and walked away towards Mr. Riley, making me freeze as my insides warmed up with strange feelings.