Chapter 39

Gauri~

"Hold on." I said running towards the elevator.

"Thank you." I said to the young boy, who held the doors for me. I am already late to the office by 10 minutes and don't wanna get more late and have tantrums from Omkaraji early in the morning.

As soon as I reached my cabin I threw the handbag on the coach grabbing the schedule of My boss, I dashed towards the pantry to prepare his regular black coffee.

"Come in." My boss's voice came as soon as I knocked the door.

"Good Morning, Sir, your coffee." I said placing the black coffee on his table, "You have a meeting with Mr. Mark at 10 followed by an early lunch and at 2' o clock... " I began to read of his schedule hurriedly.

"What are you doing here, Ms. Sharma?" My boss asked in a calm voice cutting me off.

"I am your assistant, sir. In case you forgot,I work here." I said.

"My memory is perfect woman." My boss said getting up from his seat, "Did you forgot that I instructed you to take rest today and not to come to office." My boss said looking annoyed.

"No, I didn't forgot." I said coolly, "I don't wanna waste my working days and besides I am getting bored staying at home alone."

My boss took a deep breathe rubbing his face with his palms.

"Gauri, You need rest." My boss said calmly. "I know how dedicated employee you are but please take some rest at least for today."

"Now, you are ordering me to stay at home?" I asked raising my brow.

"No, it's a request, please, for me." Omkara ji said in a requesting voice.

"But I get bored in home." I whined.

"Watch TV, Sleep and call me if you need someone to talk, just stay at home." My boss said.

"Who will help you with your schedule and meeting arrangements, if I take an off." I asked.

"If that's what bothering you the wait a minute." My boss said grabbing his mobile and calling someone.

"Hello Mr. Harrison, ask your assistant to meet me in my cabin,now." My boss instructed.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"Just wait." My boss said and someone knocked on his door. "Come in." He said and Bhavya walked inside.

"You asked for me, sir?" Bhavya said politely.

"Yes, Ms. Rathore." My boss said to Bhavya, "Today you will be working as my assistant, scheduling my meetings and making arrangements for my presentations." He said taking the schedule from my hands and giving it to Bhavya.

"Okay, sir." Bhavya nodded confused.

"Now, go and grab whatever you need from your desk and come back in 5 minutes, you can work in Ms. Sharma cabin while she will be taking an off for two days." My boss said and Bhavya nodded her head hurrying out of his cabin.

"Two days?" I asked shocked, "you gave me an off for today not for tomorrow."

"That was earlier, Ms. Sharma, now that I have Ms. Rathore as your substitute, I think you can take an off and relax for two days." My boss said smiling.

"Here, I was worried about spending one day alone in my apartment and you are already ordering me to take two days off, I won't." I protested.

"What kind of employee, you are? I am giving you an off and you are refusing it!" My boss said rubbing his brow.