Chapter 40

"What do we do now?" I asked worried.

"Run." My boss whispered.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Arey Bhaag yaar." My boss said and began to run pulling me along with him.

"Hey stop!" The ice cream guy shouted running behind us as we began to run even more faster.

Omkaraji slipped into a dark alley and hid us behind a pillar.

"Where have they gone?" The ice cream guy and a few other customer's asked looking around.

Omkaraji wrapped his arm around me pulling closer trying hard not to get noticed.

After a few minutes, the people left mumbling curses making us sigh I'm relief.

"That was crazy." Omkaraji said letting out a deep breathe leaning his head against the wall.

"But it was funny." I said making him look down at me narrowing his eyes, making me laugh.

"Yes, very funny, should have seen your face when I said I didn't brought my wallet." My boss said clearing his throat, "What do we do now?" He said Immitating my voice making me slap his arm making him laugh and I laughed along.

Omkara~

Her laughter was so sweet, she looked so cute like a innocent child when she laughed, like a angel descended from heaven. My angel.

I began to stare at her intently as she laughed carefree in my arms. She stopped laughing and looked up at me with her beautiful hazel brown doe eyes, those eyes made me drown in them forgetting all my worries. The warmth of her petite frame against my large one, her doe eyes locked with mine, her plump lips trembling.

"Omkaraji." She called getting me out of my dreams. "I think we should get out of here now." She said stepping away from me.

"Yes, we should get going." I said letting her go and dusting my pants awkwardly.

We began to walk back towards her apartment in silence, when it began to  rain suddenly.

"Ouch." Gauri said running running to take shelter under the near by tree."Omkaraji, get under the tree." She shouted.

"Come on, Gauri, don't be boring enjoy the moment." I called out spreading my hands wide looking up at sky eyes closed inviting the rain drops to embrace me.

"You are crazy." Gauri shouted making me smile.

"Yes, she was right, I am getting Crazy with all these new emotions and feelings bubbling inside me, I am starting to feel like a teenage age guy, who goes with dates with his girlfriend. I am unavoidably, Irrevocably and deeply falling in love and I am going to embrace it." I opened my eyes as the cold raindrops began to touch my face contrasting the warm feeling inside my heart.

I turned around to look at Gauri, who was standing under the tree looking at me.

I walked towards her smiling like a school boy.

"Wanna dance?" I asked forwarding my hand for her to take.

She frowned looking at me like I have lost my mind making me smile.

"For once, set yourself free from everything that's holding you back and enjoy the moment, Gauri." I said looking into her eyes.

She contemplated for a minute and placed her tiny hand in my large ones hesitantly and I pulled her along with me and began to sway slowly as the raindrops touching the ground began to play as the slow rhythms.

Gauri~

I stretched myself in my bed as my mobile began to ring on. Yesterday night, after Omkaraji dropped me home, I invited him inside but he denied saying that it's already late and I need rest. I began to search for my mobile between the holds of the duvet.

Bhavya's name flashed on the screen and I attended the call immediately.

"Hello Bha... "

"Gauri, Gauri, help me, I am tensed, I don't know what to do?" Bhavya asked frantically.

"Okay, relax." I said walking to the window, "Take a deep breathe and tell me what's wrong." I asked calmly.

"Gauri, Mr. Oberoi has a meeting with Mr. Evans in 30 minutes and he hasn't came to office yet." Bhavya said panicked.

My boss is late to office? That's something that never happens!

"Okay, Bhavya did you tried calling our Boss?" I asked.

"Yes, but he's not taking the call." Bhavya said worried.

"Okay, I will look into this give me a minute." I said and dialled Rudra.

"Hey Ri, what reminded you of this handsome guy in the early morning?" Rudra's usual chirpy voice came.

"Hi Rudra, do you Omkaraji's home number?" I asked.

"Yes, but what happened to his mobile?" Rudra questioned.

"I don't know, he's not taking calls and he has a meeting scheduled in next half an hour." I said biting my nails.

"Okay, I will text you the number." Rudra said disconnecting the call and soon my phone pinged with the message from Rudra.

"Hello, Oberoi Residence." The person said as soon as they attended the call.

"Hello, This is Gauri Sharma, Mr. Oberoi's assistant speaking, can I speak with Mr. Oberoi please." I asked politely.

"I am sorry, Mam but Mr. Oberoi is unable to take the call at this moment." The man said.

"Please, I just want to have a word with him."

"Sorry, Mam. Mr. Oberoi's not feel well and instructed us to not disturb him." The man said politely.

"Not feeling well? What happened to him?" I asked hurriedly.

"Umm... I don't know, Mam but he didn't came out of his room since morning. I will inform him about your call, if he comes out. Thank you." The man said and disconnected the call.

"Hello Bhavya, call the assistant of Mr. Evans and cancel the meeting, Mr. Oberoi will not be able to attend the meeting and also cancel his meeting with Mr. Evans." I said to Bhavya as I hailed a taxi for Omkaraji's house.

"Okay, Gauri." Bhavya said and I can here the keys of the keyboard sounding frantically in the background. "Done." Bhavya said sighing.

"What happened to Mr. Oberoi?" Bhavya asked.

"Don't know." I said myself wondering what's wrong with him.

"Okay, let me know if he will be coming to office today or not cause he has a few other meetings and files to sign today." Bhavya said.

"Sure." I said looking at the grey gates of Omkaraji's house.

"How may I help you, Mam." A man, who looked like he was in his late 50's asked as he opened the door, I know he was the one who answered the call based on his voice.

"I am Gauri Sharma, Mr. Oberoi's assistant here to meet him." I said politely.

"Mam, I already told you, Mr. Oberoi has instructed not to disturb him." The man said with a sorry look.

"Please, Mr. Stephen." I said reading his name on his badge, "I want to meet Mr. Oberoi, At least inform him that I am here, please." I requested.

"Okay, wait in the living room, while I let him know about you." Stephen said as he opened the door for me to enter.

I sat in the living room waiting for Omkaraji, when I heard the footsteps sounding against wooden boards of the steps, I looked up and saw a pale looking Omkaraji, who looked weak with a duvet wrapped around him nevertheless he gave a small smile when he saw me.