9

As planned, Chris and I went to his house after school to do homework. Except, there wasn't a lot of work getting done.

"Okay Chris, let's get serious and get to work." I said pulling away from our kiss, catching my breath.

"C'mon babe, we can do that later." He leaned over and kissed my neck and the temptation to take things further were higher than they ever been before. He laid me down on the couch and positioned himself in between my legs.

"I want you so bad Tiff." He mumbled against my neck. We continued kissing as I tore his shirt off. There was then a knock at the door. I sighed as Chris got up and threw on his shirt to see who it was. Half of me was disappointed while the other half was relieved. When I'm in the moment, I can't stop myself when I know I should. And I know that Chris wants it more than me so I know he's just gonna go along with it.

I grabbed my books from my bag and placed them on the table in his living room. I started to hear voices and listened closely once the voice turned out to be female. I couldn't make out what she was saying but I soon heard Chris tell her to come in. I turned my attention back to my work and waited for the mystery girl to come.

"Oh, I didn't know you had company." I looked up to see her, standing next to Chris.

"Amber this is my girl Tiffany, Tiffany this is Amber." I waved and smiled at her and she did the same.

"So this is Tiffany, I've heard so many things about you." The smile on my face faded and I started the homework.

"Yup, that's her." Chris said, giving me a look. "But I'll go get your stuff for you, I'll be right back." He disappeared and Amber took a seat right next to me on the couch.

"So you and Chris are together I'm guessing?"

I nodded my head. "I guess you can say that." We had never really made things official and this was the first time Chris has referred to me as "his girl."

She laughed lightly and turned to me. "I really hope you don't end up getting hurt, I mean we both know the type of guy Chris is and we wouldn't want him stepping out and ruining what you two have now would we?"

At this point I was ready for this girl to leave. I tried to focus my attention back on my work, but she wanted to start another conversation.

"I wonder what's taking him so long, I only left my sweatshirt." I shot her a look and went to say something as Chris walked in, interrupting me.

"Here's your sweater Amber, sorry I took so long. It was in a pile of my other clothes."

"It's fine, your girl and I were just keeping each other company. It was nice meeting you Tiff." She took the sweater from Chris and let herself out.

"Now where were we.." Chris said sitting next to me and kissing me on my cheek.

"Not now Chris, we have to finish this work."

"What's wrong?"' He asked, taking my books away from me.

"You messed around with her, didn't you?"

"No, she's just a friend and I mean that. She's the one who made me realize that I want to be with you and only you."

"I just don't like the vibe she gives off, maybe it's me, but I don't like her."

He laughed, wrapping his arms around me. "Well let's not worry about her and focus on us."

"Okay then, so I have another question. About us."

Chris

I nodded my head, indicating for her to proceed as she turned to face me. "Are we together? Because you referred to me as your girl, but I missed the part where you actually said we were official."

"C'mon, really Tiff? I already told you that you're mine and I'm yours, I think that's as official as it gets."

"That doesn't mean anything to me honestly, the whole 'I'm yours, your mine' doesn't help me feel secure when there's no title to back it up."

I understood where she was coming from, but I'm not ready to put a title on what we have. With titles comes a whole lot of shit that I'm not ready to deal with, but if that's what she wants then I'll have to consider meeting her halfway.

"I'll work on making that happen then, just be patient." I finally said after a few moments of silence.

"I'm just not understanding how hard it is to just simply ask me, I've been patient for almost a month now. It's just a basic question, five words; you already know my answer so what's the problem? Be honest Chris."

"So if we both know the answer, why do I have to ask? The problem now is that you're worried about the wrong thing, you and I both know that you're going to say yes so why waste time by asking?"

"Because for once I would like to feel like you're in this for the same reason I am and not for something else."

"And what's that suppose to mean?" I questioned. I wasn't in the mood to keep this going, but it's gotten to the point where I have no choice.

"Sometimes I feel like you're doing the things you do only because I made it clear that I would have sex with you, except you didn't plan on it taking this long. Am I wrong?"

I couldn't believe Tiff would think that low of me. No matter how many times I say and show her that she's not like any other girl I messed with, she still thinks I'm going to treat her like one of them. "You and I both know that's wrong. I know you well enough to know that you're not easy and you should know me well enough to know that I would never do that to you. Stop letting my past and your insecurities get in the way of us being together."

"So how about this.." She said, grabbing her books and keys. "You won't have to worry about my insecurities anymore, you're free to do whatever you want just leave me alone."

"Tiffany stop." I said to her before she left. "I don't care how mad you are but we're not stopping what we got. We lost each other before and I'm not about to let go again. I'm willing to do anything to make you stay and if a title is what you want, then a title you'll get. So Tiffany, will you be my girlfriend?"

She stood there with her arms crossed, trying to keep a straight face. "Yes I will Christopher." She said finally smiling.

I leaned down giving her a kiss. "I lo- um, I mean goodnight. I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Goodnight." She gave me one last kiss before getting in her car and disappearing down the street.