Chapter 13: Depression Over Run

Previously: 

'If there's a god out there, please help me.'

Now:

Sebastian walks down a hallway deep in thought when he passes a room and hears moaning coming from inside. He grimaces but continues his way to his and Ciel's room. Sebastian changes his coat from a tail coat to a regular suit coat and a top hat. He looks in the mirror and sighs. He walks back to the dinning hall and finds Ciel sitting with Elizabeth and her family. 

"Sebastian. Come sit." Ciel motions to the chair next to him. 

"Ciel? Why are you having your butler sit with us?" Elizabeth's mother asks as Sebastian sits down in the chair. 

"He is not my butler for this trip. He's just another noble just as the rest of us. I hope that's alright with you madam." Ciel takes a sip of his tea

"I suppose." The marquise shoots the butler a glare from across the table. 

"Please continue your conversation. Act as if im not even here." Sebastian smiles kindly at everyone and they resume. Sebastian sits their replaying the memory over and over again in his mind. 

~~Memory~~

"Sebastian." Baylee says sternly. "Save Ciel, Now! Save him, and promise me you'll find me later!" I look at her with wide eyes, "PROMISE!" She screams. I recompose myself the best I can with a broken heart. i nod, "I promise."

"Tah Tah butler. Ill keep this one safe." 

~~End~~

Sebastian shakes his head and orders wine from one of the waiters. He chugs it down then orders another one. One after another more empty wine glasses scattered the table as Sebastian chugs another one. 

"Sebastian don't you think you're drinking a bit too much?" Ciel asks the drunk man sitting next to him. 

"Not at all, Ciel. I'm perfectly *small burp* Fine." Sebastian says with a giant smile on his face. "You know I never thought alcohol could taste so good. I thought you humans always did it for the side effects but now I see you do it for both." He looks down at the empty wine glass in his hand. 

"If you'll excuse us." Ciel tells everyone and drags Sebastian into the bathroom with him, "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" He slams the glass, Sebastian held onto dearly, on the counter. 

"Nothing. Its- Its fine. Just dandy." Sebastian buries his face in his hands. 

"Its not fine, Sebastian. You cant drink your problems away because when you get sober they just find there way back to you. Now pull yourself together, grow a pair, and talk to me when your sober." Ciel walks out of the bathroom furious at his butlers actions.

Sebastian sits on a stool in the bathroom with his hands clasped over his face and elbows resting on his knees. 'I hate to admit it, but the brats right. I'm a demon and ill be damned twice if I start acting like a pathetic human all because of some girl. But it's not just some girl. Its Baylee were talking about. The most beautiful human to ever exist. The only one who understands us and who knows forgiveness and loyalty and honesty. Gah! I'm like a puppy begging for a bone.' Sebastian argues in his head. 

"AAAaaaaaaaahhh!!" Sebastian head snaps up when he hears the scream of a woman. He rushes out of the bathroom and is greeted by chaos. 'Ah my old friend. What have you done now?' He looks around and finds Ciel standing in front of Elizabeth protectively. 

"Sebastian get over here now!" Ciel yells. Sebastian rushes over to him, "What happened?"

"I have no idea. Someone screamed and when I looked up a woman's neck was viciously being bitten into by another. Then everyone started to panic and all of those things came out." Ciel points to a crowd of mindless zombies limping their way to the screaming civilians. "Are you sober enough to handle them?" 

"Yes. Thank you for the pep talk, Sir." Sebastian throws his knives at one of the zombies. It crashed to the floor with a thud but stood up once again. "I'm sure I hit it in the heart." Sebastian muttered. 

"That's cause ya gotta smash their heads in!" A voice rang and a push mower was smashed into the zombies head. 

"Is that?" Ciel asked

"You should be familiar with their type, my lord." 

"Hey. You wouldn't happen to be the renounced Sebas-Chan I keep hearing about, would you?" The shinigami asks.

"While I hate that name, Yes. I am the Phantomhive butler, Sebastian Michaelis. And who might you be?" 

"The shinigami dispatch division: Ronald Knox. Thanks for taking care of my senior." Ronald introduces himself. 

"I wouldn't say taking care of... Do you know anything else about the corpses?"

"No. Just the smashing of heads." Ronald answers.

"SO they were just moving corpses." Ciel thinks out loud. "Who brought the dead back to life?" He asks Ron.

"I think a dude that goes by the name of Ryan."

"Well then, We'll have to go find Ryan and force the information out of him. Lets go Sebastian! Stay here, Lizzy and stay safe." Ciel walks away with Sebastian.

"Ciel. Wai-" Lizzy tries to protest but Ciel already left the room. 

Ciel and Sebastian run down the hall when a loud roar is heard behind them. They both turn to see what it is when Sebastian's reflexes kick in and he blocks the push mower from hitting himself or Ciel. 

"Now I cant let a demon lose while I'm on a mission. Do you know how much crap I'd get at the office? All talk about me letting a demon eating all the souls up. And I'd rather pass on any overtime."

"I'm going ahead. When you're done playing catch up to me." Ciel tells his demon and runs to find Ryan.

"Man he's nasty, Kids these days..." Ronald remarks Towards Ciel.

"Should you really be looking the other way?" Sebastian's eyes slit then he kicks at the Shinigami only for him to dodge it and back flip away. He lands on his death scythe and Sebastian throws his knives at him. Ronald smirks and swings his scythe at the oncoming knives and slices them to pieces.

"Impeccably sharp." Sebastian admires. Ronald ignores him, he instead charges at the demon. Sebastian braces himself as Ronald leaps into the air. Sebastian kicks at him only for his foot to be leaped over and his cheek sliced. Ronald lands on his scythe and faces Sebastian.

"Ya know, for shinigami to be all about their death scythe is kinda old fashioned." Ron holds up his bloody butterfly knife in his hand. Sebastian wipes his cheek from the blood, 

"Kids these days really are nasty aren't they?"