Harsh Climate

⚠️ - Fire. It's burning bitches

Roman stared worriedly at the rising smoke coming from the trees in front of their house. Helicopters had been flying around for the last hour dumping water on the smoldering trees, trying to die it down.

"Daddy?" the five year old asked, turning to his father, "Why are the trees smoking?"

Patton smiled and bent down to pick up Roman. "They're burning sweety, that means they're getting old and when they burn down, new trees can grow." Roman furrowed his eyebrows at Patton, "But why can't they just all grow together?"

Patton pondered his answer for a moment, (mini panic moment. sorry) before smiling again and carrying him to the kitchen.

"It's like their grandparents. When they die, they're leaving parts of themselves for the new trees to remember them." Patton finished, giving a knowing smile to Logan who stood at the kitchen table, listening to their conversation.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(time skip coz I'm lazy and can't write a freaking book)

"We need to get out!" Logan yelled, throwing open the front door. Patton rushed upstairs to get their son. The fire had spread frighteningly quickly, catching the back of the street on fire, and the back of their house.

"Roman?" Patton called desperately, "Roman!" He couldn't see or hear anything above the smoke of the fire. He coughed through the smoke and would have fallen to the ground had Logan not caught him. The firefighters rushed into the house and they were escorted out, leaving some inside to find Roman.

"Dad! Daddy!" Roman called, stumbling around the flaming house. He heard a loud snap from above, and barely had time to glance up and dart away before a huge log from the ceiling came crashing down, causing him to be blown off his feet.

He landed with a thud, hitting his head against the burning table. Roman groaned and sat up, coughing. He tried to get up, but started coughing again. He couldn't breathe. The smoke was suffocating, wrapping him in it's cocoon.

He fell to his knees, the cough hacking away at his throat. He could taste something metallic and his vision began to blur. He coughed again and saw something red, before he was consumed by darkness, the flickering of the flames embedded in his memory.

Does Roman live? Or does he die in flames? I seriously don't know, you guys can decide, I'm just tryna get some prompts done. And that time skip sucked. This entire thing sucked.

I tried to base it off the Aussie bushfires that happened but failed miserably. I can't seem to write well lately and it's ticking me off and giving me anxiety. Fun. I did create another book tho and I've been writing that a lot so if you want some slightly better writing go look at it, it's called 'In a Haze'.

On a slightly happier note, this book has hit over 500 views and oh my god thank you guys so much. Writing is giving me something to do and I enjoy it so much and I hope you guys can enjoy my writing.

So yay, have a g'day people