Chapter 49: Role Play

Selene's POV

I was laying on my bed when I heard the alarm on my phone rang, I looked at the time and it was already 6 am. I groan as I threw my phone beside me, I never had enough sleep last night or you should I say never slept at all. I'm just too nervous and scared of what might happen later.

Today is the day and we can't let any mistake because if we do, I don't know what punishment the grown-ups might do to us. Well as if they won't punish us if the plan succeeds since our identity is at risk, but we'll do anything to find a cure. It's the only way we could ever think of for them to listen. If they consider us as a family, then they will let us help them find a cure.

When I went downstairs, I went straight to the dining area where everyone greeted me. It's rare for everyone to eat breakfast together like this since the grown-ups are busy with some important things that they don't want us to know every morning. Max and Ryan were talking about the schedules for the festivals, while Madlyn was reading some folders. "Gowdmowning, Sewene!" Cris happily greeted as he munches down on his breakfast. "Morning" I replied, I sat on my table and sighed. "Looks like your having troubles in sleeping" Madelyn said as she took a sip of her coffee. "Yeah"

Sav, placed the bacon and scrambled eggs on my plate and gave me a cup of coffee. "Thanks" I said, she smiled at me before heading back to the kitchen. "Is there anything bothering you?" Madlyn asked she seems a bit worried. I shook my head and took a sip on my coffee, I sure wish I won't fall asleep later, I feel exhausted. "Are you sure?" I nodded.

After a few minutes, Savannah went back with her food and sat down next to me. "Maybe she's having boy problems, that's why she's having trouble with her sleep" Sav spat out. I almost spill the hot coffee that I was drinking. "W-what?! O-of course not!" I defended, I heard Crismiel snicker that's why I shot him a deadly glare. "I see" Madelyn gently puts down the folders on the table and looked at me. "Who is it?" she grinned, everyone in the room stopped and focus their attention on me. "No one! I-I don't like anyone!" I shouted, making me feel flustered. "Are you sure?" Sav asked, giving me a devilish smile. "Yes! We're not allowed to love so why bother" the room became silent after I said that, I think should've said that.

Ryan cleared his throat and started a new conversation. "So how's the preparation for the play doing?" he asked. "It's fine, Selene and Aelius have already taken care of the props, Savannah and Cris practiced their roles all night with the other students and I already memorized the script" Avery replied and stared blankly at the man. "I see, so what kind of story did you guys pick this time?" I felt my body stiffen because of Max's question. We stayed silent for a moment before Avery decides to speak. "Well, we picked a very interesting story that would blow your minds. We prepared it specially just for you guys" she smiled that kind of smile that could give me chills. I gulped while Sav and Cris stared at each other I saw a tinge of concern in their eyes. Aelius didn't mind the tension and just continued eating his breakfast.

"Really? Well if that's the case I hope you guys do your best" he said as he took a sip of his coffee. "Indeed we will" a smirk formed on Avery's lips as she played with her fork. I don't know why, but I felt more nervous than before, I guess there's no backing down.

After we finished eating, the grown-ups went ahead to the academy to fix some things at the festival. While we went to the auditorium to prepare for the play. I helped Savannah get dressed, while the others went to their post. "You look beautiful" I commented as I stare at her, she looked a bit different but it didn't hide her beautiful features away. "Woah! Is it just me or is there a Goddess right before me!" we turned our attention to the one who yelled, we saw the two boys that were walking towards us. "Oh, shut up Crismiel. I don't need your stupid comments right now that I feel nervous for the play" she gave Cris a death glare. "Hey! I wasn't saying any stupid comments! I was complimenting you!" he defended. "Well I don't need any of your compliments"