Chapter II: A New Beginning

thud thud thud 

thud thud thud 

As the sound of someone knocking on Zelda and I's door, I opened my eyes to see the morning light shining through the window. I looked at Zelda, who was still sleeping peacefully, then got out of the bed and walked over to the door. 

"Good morning, Link." Impa said as I opened the door. She peaked behind me to see if Zelda was still in here.

"Good morning." I replied, holding my hand to shade my eyes. 

"Here are your things." She said as she held out my folded tunic, sword, and another piece of clothing. "And the Princess' too." 

I set down my things beside the door and grabbed Zelda's clothes from Impa. 

"Thank you, Lady Impa." I said politely.  

She nodded her head. "Please get her up. People are already starting to show up." 

I looked to the side and out the window to see villagers of Kakariko already coming out for the day. However, there were already more than usual.

"What time is it?" I asked. 

"It's 9:00 AM. You two are to address everyone at 11:00 AM sharp." 

"Yes, Lady Impa. I'll wake the Princess." I replied. 

"I'll be back in a few minutes with breakfast for you two."

"Thank you." I replied as Impa shut the door. 

It amazed me how organized this already was. I mean, I had defeated Ganondorf, what felt like less than twenty four hours ago, and it already felt like Hyrule was getting back on it's feet. 

I then turned back to the bed and saw the Princess sitting up, smiling at me. 

"Hey." I said as I smiled back. 

"Good morning." She replied. "Is that my dress?" 

I looked down at what I was holding. "Uh... I think so. Impa just gave it to me." 

Zelda laughed. "I'll take it. I suppose we are to get ready for today." 

"That's right." I said. I then thought of something that I never asked. "Wait... how long has it been since... that day?" 

Zelda started walking towards the small kitchen in the corner of the house. 

"Oh... maybe like... a week and a half." 

"A week and a half?!" I asked, not believing what I just heard. "I was out for that long?" 

Zelda looked back over to me. "When you were injured, Impa gave you a potion to knock you out for a certain time. That way you could heal, I could rest, and she could alert all of the kingdom. But, everything feels fine now, doesn't it?" 

I then examined my body and began unwrapping my bandages. My cuts had now been turned into marks, and exerted no pain. My head now felt healed from the fall as well. 

"Yeah, actually. Why didn't you tell me when I woke last night?" 

"You didn't ask, I guess. After all, Impa put me on one too, but not for nearly as long. Plus I didn't want to alarm you." She replied, gazing out the window. 

I nodded my head. "I guess that makes sense." 

The front door then opened, and Impa held two trays of food. 

"You must be starving, Hero of Time." Impa said as she set the trays down on the table. 

"Yeah. I haven't eaten anything since... the fight." I said as the memories resurfaced. I quickly shook my head to get them out of my mind.