Chapter Four

Crowley rushed to the door and looked outside just in time to see Aziraphale get onto a bus. Sure, Crowley was kinda pissed off at how stupid Aziraphale was acting, but he still wasn't about to let his friend meet up with Gabriel- at least not alone.

Thankfully, the rain had stopped and the sun was now shining brightly above. Crowley quickly slipped into his Bentley and began to follow the bus, trying to remain at least a couple of cars behind. The bus continued on, letting people off at their designated stops. Crowley watched carefully each time the bus stopped, his eyes waiting to see Aziraphale's pale white hair among the other riders.

At some point, Aziraphale did get off. He was the only one to get off at this stop, but that just made it easier for Crowley to spot him. Aziraphale walked down the street a little before turning down another road.

Crowley found a place to park as he let Aziraphale walk a little further so Crowley's car couldn't be spotted. When he thought it was safe, he backed out of the parking space and drove down the same road Aziraphale had just walked on.

It was a tight road, with lots of old shops lining either side. To Crowley though, the little shops didn't matter- it was the grand stone church that caught his attention.

"Well then, that has to be where they're meeting..." he mumbled aloud to no one besides himself and his Bentley. Crowley pulled into the car lot outside the church, gravel crunching under his tires.

He told himself that he wouldn't go in. He told himself that he would just wait outside and offer Aziraphale a ride home. No matter what, Aziraphale was on his own. Crowley told himself that he only rolled down his window because his car was stuffy. Crowley told himself that he only parked right next to the door because the rest of the parking lot was under trees and he didn't want to get anything on his car. Crowley told himself that he had turned off the radio to hide better from Aziraphale.

Crowley did not roll down his window to hear better, he did not park near the door so that he could inside as fast as possible, and he did not turn off the radio so he could concentrate on any noise that came from inside the church. Those would all be incorrect assumptions.

Crowley's attention was snatched when a sudden crash came from inside the church. He cautiously stepped out of his car and approached the thick wooden doors that led inside the church. Crowley remembered that he was no longer a demon, so the church wouldn't burn him like usual.

"You are so fucking stupid, Aziraphale! Do you want your powers back? Then do what we ask!"

Crowley could hear the muffled voices through the door. He inhaled sharply before throwing open the doors and stepping into the church.

The church was empty except for Aziraphale, Gabriel, and a few other angels. A thick carpet lay under Crowley's feet and large sconces lined the walls. As soon as everyone noticed Crowley, any conversation had been dropped.

Aziraphale glared across the room at Crowley, his angry eyes making Crowley's heart shatter. Gabriel was even more pissed than Aziraphale, though.

"What is he doing here?" Gabriel hissed at Aziraphale.

"I... I don't know! I haven't interacted with him-"

"Oh don't lie to me, Aziraphale! I know you and him are close," Gabriel spat the words that spilled from his mouth, "What. Is. He. Doing. Here?!"

Crowley made his way down the aisle between the pews, fastly approaching Gabriel and the two angels that accompanied him.

"Heya, Gabriel!" Crowley called out cheerfully.