Chapter 10, It was that simple the whole Time?

Y/n's pov:

As I hang up the phone I wipe the tears away from my eyes and head back with the girls.

A/n

Thank you soooo much for 200 views!

Also just so you know a bit about the other girls

Firè- Not nice, very violent, controls fire.

Leah- Your bff here, loves watching the buildings explode, can read peoples minds.

Nia- Caring, But vicious, invisibility powers.

Jade- Very protective, secretive, and violent. Not as violent as Firè though. Healing powers.

Back to the story:

Walking over to Leah she says "Aren't you excited for the bank! If we're lucky we'll get a couple bucks." She pushes her pink hair behind her ear.

"Yep!" I try to sound as excited as possible. But I'm worried for Stanley.

"I can tell something's up." She says "Either tell me or I'll have to read your mind."

"Fine. I just had a conversation with an old friend. His names Stanley and-"

"I thought the shadow said he cut off all your connections with him." I hear her say.

"Wait... What?"

"Nothing."

I hold out my hand and make a brick fly up "Tell me."

I would never actually hurt her with it. But she doesn't know that.

" I overheard it talking with Firè. She said she didn't trust you yet and it said that it was fine because it had blocked all of his messages from coming to you."

I had gotten messages from him? This whole time?

"Then how did he call me?" I ask.

"That's a good question." She reply's.

I plop onto my back on my bed. I want to protect Stanley. But at the same time all I want to do is curl back up into his arms and have him tell me that everything's ok.

No. That's selfish. I need to make sure he's safe. But I can't now.

Time skip

"Run y/n!" Leah calls as we run from the building which is about to explode.

Boom

My ears ring as I hit the ground. I'm far enough away that it doesn't burn me. The ground shaking is what threw me to the ground.

I can't believe that... thing... enjoys this. At this point we're just it's entertainment. We always were.

I could perfectly well get up, but I don't want to. I just lay on the ground until I hear a familiar voice in the distance.

Stanley!

I stumble to my feet and through the fire I can see him.

He runs over to me and wraps me into his arms.

I can't help it. I wrap my arms around his waist.

Tear upon tears fall "Your not safe here." I tell him.

"Neither are you." He reply's.

After a second I hear Leah calling for me.

"Come with me." Stanley begs.

"That thing will only follow us."

"Then get rid of it." He looks into my eyes.

I stare at him in disbelief "It isn't that simple. I can't catch it-"

"But your powers can."

The dark figure creeps and flashes around us.

"Why do you think it wants you Y/n. Because your more powerful then it will ever be. It needs you."

I here laughing as it circles "Well, well, well. What do we have here."

"Don't touch him!" I yell.

More laughter "What are you gonna do about it?"

Stanley hands me a container.

"It's a shadow. A mist. Capture it." He whispers.

The shadow reaches out but I close my eyes and use all of my focus.

A forcefield. I need a forcefield. When I open my eyes things push it back.

It can't touch us.

I see the girls round the corner. They watch in disbelief.

Still using the forcefield I also lift the container holding out my hand to make it float.

I make the container fiercely fly forward.

Miss.

I use my hand and try once more. Miss again.

My forcefield begins breaking.

"Your stronger then this y/n. You've got this." I hear Stanley whisper.

Refocusing I see the shadow try to float away but I snap my hand to it and hold it there.

It fights "Your nothing without me!"

"No! Your nothing without me!" I shoot back.

"Really?" It laughs once more "If you didn't come with me you wouldn't be able to control them. And your still learning. There is more you don't know about. I can help you."

I shake my head no and scream. Without using the container the shadow starts breaking apart. More things explode around and I can see the others covering there ears. The ground shakes viciously as it continues breaking.

The shadow lets out one final scream with me and then disappears.

I feel my self stumble back into Stanley's arms, my legs giving out.

"It... was... that simple... the whole time?" I breathe in heavily.

Stanley nods and I can see happy tears falling from his eyes.

Stanley smiles and holds me in close to him.

I ignore everything else around us and come to what I've always known....

I pull my head off of his shoulder to look into his eyes. Then I lean in and our lips clash together.

Finally. What I've been trying to deny. I need Stanley. I want to be with him all the time. He's been there for me all the time.

I pull out for a breath and he smiles. Then he leans in again and we share another kiss.