Incident 5: The Black Mist

Everly had never been in such a peculiar situation before. Although she wasn't someone who judged people on their looks, the bulldog may be an exception as it was the first time she had experienced such "looks"

"Put me down! Right now!" Everly tried to hit it with her feet but not a single hit landed where she wanted it to. It was as if she was kicking air. 

Amidst her constant scolding, the bulldog spoke up.

"I will if you promise me that you won't run away." A gentlemanly voice came out of the bulldogs mouth.

Everly suddenly went still and stopped struggling for a moment. The bulldog nodded in approval but soon it was once again met with an agonising shriek.

"Aaaahh!"

It can talk?! It can actually talk?

!!!∑(゚Д゚ノ)ノ

Everly felt her world view crumble. First there was an invisible man and now a talking dog?!

"Kid! stop screaming! Stop screaming!" Granger Boy felt an ache forming in his head. He just wanted to know who this girl was. Lord Orion lives alone and he never mentioned inviting someone like her to the gathering. Moreover, the way she hid herself just then was also very suspicious. Granger Boy almost thought that she was a spy or an assassin but now with her screaming bloody murder like this, his previous thoughts proved wrong.

"What is going on here?!" A familiar voice rang out. Both Everly and Granger Boy turned around in unison.

They saw Mason standing at the end of the corridor with a very bad expression. His face as dark as a pit.

"Why the hell are you screaming like this for?! You will make people believe that there is a dying pig in my house!" He looked at Granger Boy and then Everly, narrowing his eyes on the latter.

Everly felt a twitch on her forehead.

What do you mean that I'm screaming like a dying pig? Can't you see there is a walking bulldog terrorising me? How dare you insult my scream?

(╯‵□′)╯(┻━┻

"Put her down."

"Yes, Lord Orion. Is she a guest of yours?" Granger Boy asked and gently placed her back on the ground. Everly quickly took a few steps back, almost stumbling while doing so.

"Ugh...right, a Guest." Mason replied with a frown. He can't just tell him that he found her wondering outside the house, lost and decided to take her in for the night. It would affect his reputation as a scary and dark Lord which he had hard worked so hard to maintain.

"Granger Boy, you can go back to the rest. I'll take her back to her room, she must have lost her way around the house. I apologise for the ruckus she had caused." Mason kindly said and glanced at the main perpetrator.

Everly gulped and looked away. Dude, please don't give me that scary look okay? This lady isn't entirely at fault here either. 

╮(╯_╰)╭

"It's fine. I just don't understand how I scared the kid into screaming so badly. I apologise for that." Granger Boy politely bowed to her in apology. Everly was a little surprised and couldn't help but feel a little guilty about her reaction. Who knew the bulldog would turn out to be so nice?

"It's-It's Fine!" She forced out a smile in response.

"Great. See you later Granger Boy." Mason gave him a nod and took steps towards Everly. He grabbed her by the arm and wanted to drag her into the corridor to have a good "heart to heart" chat with her but suddenly someone else came into the corridor.