Incident 6: Midnight Flower

Everly sat on the single sofa in the room while she looked around at everyone around her curiously. She was a complete picture of an obedient child.

While she was an obedient child, someone else was behaving like an angry parent. He hadn't stopped scowling since they all came in. Most of the guests had left and only Jarin, Micheal, Brother Cale and Granger Boy were left in the room.

Mason had to unfortunately narrate how he found Everly trespassing in his house grounds but she wouldn't have any of that and argued how he should fix a bell near his fences. Eventually, the rest found out about the whole story.

"Oh so that's what happened! We really misunderstood them!" Jarin shamelessly admitted and laughed out loud.

"Anyways what's your name? Where are you from?" Micheal asked and they all looked at Everly. Even Mason raised an eyebrow and glanced at her.

"I'm Everly McSmith. I came from..." Everly frowned and thought about it. She couldn't very well tell them that she came from another world could she?

"Came from?..." They were waiting in anticipation for the rest of the sentence.

"Very far away!" Everly said with a big smile. She had now formally introduced herself to this world.

"Ah So Everly McSmith from very far away." Jarin nodded in understanding and looked at Michael.

"Is there a place with that name?"

Micheal rolled his eyes and replied, "No"

They were all looking at Everly's beaming face which revealed nothing else. Mason narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything. Everly looked at Mason and said in an accusatory tone.

"You said that there aren't any houses for miles. How come there were so many people in your house? Where did they come from?"

Mason rolled his eyes and couldn't be bothered to reply. It was Jarin that did.

"Well, he wasn't lying when he said that. There really aren't any houses for miles. Everyone came here in their own carriages from the town."

"How far is the town?" Everly's eyes sparkled. It was good news for her that there is a place where people actually lived.

"It's an hour drive in a carriage." Jarin said after thinking for a second. Everly nodded excitedly. If she can manage to reach the town, She will be able to find information about this unusual world.

At that moment, the grandfather clock in the room started its chant, indicating that its midnight. The mood in the room suddenly turned serious. Mason spoke up.

"It's late, you all should head back as well. I'll walk you to the carriages."

The rest solemnly stood up and walked outside. Everly hadn't failed to notice the change in them and was quietly following behind.

When they reached the carriage, Jarin patted her head and cheerfully said,

"Farewell Kid! If you are planning to come to the town, you can look for me in the town hall. I'll be there if you need some help." Jarin seemed to think of her as a run away from her house and felt a little sympathetic towards her, which made him give her this offer.

"Ok. Thanks a lot!" Everly was touched by this offer and enthusiastically thanked him.

Micheal stood near his carriage, solemn. He pulled Mason to one side and whispered to him.