Chapter 8: Fry-Pan Mountain

A new day begins and our heroes head to Fry-Pan Mountain for the next Dragon Ball. But in order to retrieve it a deal must be made with the deadly ox king. Will our heroes be able to put out the fire that has enveloped the Ox King's home? Or will the fire consume them?

Chapter 8: Fry-Pan Mountain

Your P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to see Bulma next to me in bed. Her head was resting on my shoulder as she slept. To not wake her up I gently rolled out of her bed and tip-toed downstairs to where I saw Oolong sitting on the driver's seat of the caravan holding a shotgun.

"Morning Oolong. How come you're holding a shotgun?" I asked pointing at the earth weapon.

He looked at me exhausted. "Yamcha and Puar attacked last night while you and Bulma were 'talking'. Me and Goku fended them off but I couldn't sleep at night knowing they could attack at any moment. So I took up watch the whole-." He paused to take a yawn.

"Night." He finished with an annoyed look on his face.

"Oh. Well you can take a rest while I take up watch. You've done enough already." 

He looked at me overjoyed "Thanks Y/N! You're way nicer than Goku and Bulma." He then rushed off to his bedroom while I walked to the fridge and took out a whole month of food rations and sat at the kitchen table to devour it all in one sitting.

Kakarot walked into the kitchen and greeted me as he sat down next to me at the kitchen table.

"Hey big bro. What were you and Bulma talking about last night?" Asked Kakarot to me. 

I choked on my breakfast and began punching my chest to stop. "Oh uh. We weren't actually we were doing some special training. It's called 'Bed-time Sparring.'" I lied.

I didn't want Kakarot finding out yet. He was a little too young to learn of such things. But he looked at me wide-eyed with a  smile on his face.

"Oh wow that sounds super cool! Can I do Bed-time sparring with you sometime Y/N?" 

Once I heard that outlandish request I spilled out all the food within my mouth onto the kitchen table. Kakarot looked at me confused as to why I did it.

"What's wrong Y/N?"

I turned to him angrily with red cheeks. "NO! YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD DO THAT WITH YOU?! MY LITTLE BROTHER? ARE YOU FUCKING CRA-." I paused and cleared my throat.

"To do Bed-time Sparring you must do it with a  girl. It won't work with a boy. Well it can but I wouldn't advise that." I muttered looking down at my food.

Kakarot nodded eagerly. "So what's bed time sparring like? Is Bulma strong?"

I chuckled nervously. "Well you see. It's not your average kind of training. You need to do different types of 'moves' and it really drains you afterwards. And Bulma is one aggressive and bossy training partner. But it feels really nice and you get stronger afterwards."

"Oh ok but where am I gonna find a girl to do it with?" He asked.

You shrugged taking another bite of your meal. "Well us saiyans seem to prefer strong willed girls and how we got girls on Planet Vegeta is vastly different from how you get girls here. You'll find a girl eventually." 

Kakarot nodded as he  stole a piece of my food while I was watching the empty desert. It's crazy how fast life can change. From conquering planets to now helping my new girlfriend collect magical orbs...I wonder what mum and dad would think? And how Raditz is doing...That bloody traitor.