Chapter 14

1 Month Later (Beverly's POV)

"Don't act like such a fucking child Beverly." My father snapped. "You're 22nd birthday is next week, I thought by now you'd act your fucking age,"

I stared at him, knowing better than to speak.

"You are going out with Francis tonight, whether you like it or not. He has agreed to meet you." my father continued. "And I will not have you fucking any of this up for me. He and you getting together will be huge for our gang. It will solve so many issues as well. I should have married you off years ago, maybe when you were 16, we could've gotten a better selection of suitors then."

"16! Are you kidding?!" I yelled.

My father snapped his head around and looked at me, his eyes were filled with rage. I gulped.

"Yes, 16. Probably still a virgin, and still young and beautiful. You've ruined yourself by whoring around with other boys."

"Now, listen here. Tomorrow, at 7 pm, you will go to dinner with Francis. You will speak when spoken to, and you will be respectful. Or help so help me god, I will beat the living shit out of you," my father threatened.

"Do you understand?"

I nodded. "Yes or no, girl?"

"Yes, sir." I replied.

I felt so submissive. I hate how my father was like this. Only a few months ago, I could run over him, but now, he's changed. He grew some 'balls'.

" Does he even want this marriage? Or is he being forced into it just like me?" I asked my father.

I wasn't sure if Francis wanted this or not, maybe his father was forcing him into this. I didn't know much about Francis, I just knew his age, and that I was being forced into a marriage with him.

Luckily, my father was letting me meet him before anything happen. Only by the grace of Francis.

"He knows this is for business. Not with pleasure. My guess is, that he will marry you, and when the time comes you will have his children. I don't know much else. He may take up a mistress or two, but I don't know if he's that type of person. I've only met him once, and he seems like a nice lad. But who knows, I'm not the best judge of character. Clearly."

I hated that. I didn't want to be a wife, at least not to somebody who didn't love me, and I didn't love them. I also didn't want to be cheated on constantly.

I knew that if I married Francis, I would never be allowed to cheat on him. If he found out that I did, it would be very likely that he would kill me. The Francis, he could cheat on me as much as he wanted. He could have 20 bastards with random women. Whatever satisfied him.

None of this was gonna be easy, none of it was gonna be fun. I was scared to meet Francis. I wasn't sure if he was going to be a horrible mean person, or if he was going to be sweet.

I asked Wrennly if he had ever heard of him, and he didn't know. He said that he have heard of him once, but never met him.

He said that he heard of Francis, when his father was talking to him about a gang leader who had blown up a hospital. Francis's name was mentioned.

It wasn't Francis who did it, it was his father. Francis's father is known for being very out there. He does crazy things and nobody else would think about doing. Maybe one reason why my father wants me to get married Francis. So he has no issues with Francis's father.

The Next Day 6:20 pm

It was almost time for my day with Francis. I have been ready for about an hour. I wanted to get ready early, in case I wanted to change something about myself. Or rather, if my father dislike something. This was the third outfit that I had chosen, since my father thought the other two are slutty. Even though I would disagree.