Chapter 34

"How was spending time with your father?" Francis asked me.

I threw my jacket on to the couch and sat down next to Francis.

Lucas made a little noise and smiled at me. I leaned down and played with his little hand.

"It was fine, he had a surprise for me."

Yes, I planned to tell Francis about my father's little 'surprise'.

After seeing her it pissed me off, how badly it all hurt me.

She was more pretty than me. She was skinnier, at both times. She knew I was pregnant, she knew Francis was married, but still slept with him.

I wanted to hurt Francis after he cheated on me, but I couldn't. I couldn't risk my life or Lucas's. Hurting her seemed to upset me at first, but on the ride home I couldn't help but feel good about her going to Dimitri's.

"Well that's strange, he never gave you anything."

"He gave me that little whore you slept with while I was pregnant and after I had Lucas,"

I picked up Lucas who was on the ground and sat him on my lap and started to bounce my leg.

"I...I... I don't understand. Why would he do that?"

He looked completely shocked.

I rolled my eyes before kissing Lucas on his forehead.

"I don't know Francis, why did you sleep with another woman? People all do things we might never truly know the answer to."

"You slept with Wrennly! We both fucked up, we both agreed to not talk about this anymore. To put this behind us, for Lucas!"

His tone was getting mean, and his voice was getting louder.

I stood up from the couch and started to walk away, "I'm done with Wrennly, and you cheated on me a lot longer than I ever cheated on you! I'm not going to fight with you on this, ever again. I am putting this behind us, but I just wanted to tell you that your little whore is going to be sold,"

I didn't let him respond, he knew what I was talking about. He does deal with the selling, but not like my father does.

I headed upstairs into Lucas's nursery and placed him into his bed.

"Take a little nap, my love, I'll see you soon," I told him in a loving voice before kissing him once more.

I left his room and headed into mine and Francis's room.

I saw him sitting on the bed.

"We need to talk about this..." Francis said.

"No, we don't. I'm over it. I thought I was for a second, but after seeing her, it made me think, damn I really couldn't give you everything you wanted and needed. I told my father what to do with her, and he's calling Dimitri up now. Other than that, I'm done. I don't care that you slept with another woman for months on end, told me that you were done, and continued to sleep with her. I'm over it. You should be too, I'm no longer in contact with Wrennly, I don't know what happened with him, but let's just forget about all of this."

Francis looked into my eyes to see any sign of doubt between my words. But he only nodded.

"Fine, none of that ever happened,"

3 Days Later

"Beverly? I need to talk to you about something," Francis said.

We were both sitting at the dining table eating our breakfast.

I looked up from my phone and onto him.

"We're going to war with Wrennly's gang. There is talk in the underworld that he is planning to attack us. More like me. I have a rat over in his gang that has leaked some information to me. Usually, I wouldn't tell you this stuff, I would prefer to keep you out of it, but since your ex-lover thinks it's okay to come after me, I thought it would be best to keep you informed. He is planning to come after me, and most likely Lucas. He wants me dead, and for you to be his queen. I don't know if he'll let Lucas live, but I wouldn't put it past him."

"That doesn't sound like him, Francis. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but Wren wouldn't hurt somebody I love or care about."

Francis sighed, "I am so sorry Beverly. But I did a little research into him. After I heard all of this, I doubted him for being your friend. You met him at a party. Correct?"

I nodded, "Yes, and we later met up at a bar and then became friends."

"Well, he didn't know who you were at the party, but...at the bar. He knew you'd be there. He followed you and made it up. He was trying to kill you at first, but gain information for his father. I guess he fell in love with you. Now he wants to kill me and have you all to himself. He's lied to you about everything. You had to believe me. I'm not making this shit up, I'd never lie to you about something this crazy and out of hand."

"I just wanted to let you know. We're going to war and I don't know how this will end. I may be more powerful than him, but I think he's getting alliance to team up with him. If he gets enough people he could destroy us. So I'm calling in some favors, and getting some men. This will be horrible for all of us. If anything does happen, and things get nasty, you and Lucas could be sent away for a little while into hiding. You guys safety means the world to me. I want to destroy this little shit once and for all."

I nodded.

I believed him. I had to, he was my husband.

He would have no reason that I could think of to make any of this up.

"Do whatever you have to do, my father is on your side. You can use any of his men. You could also call up Dimitri, he has a good amount of strong men. He also has a lot of resources with guns."

"I'll do whatever I can to protect you guys, don't ever worry about that,"

I smiled at him.

For some reason, I could just see the terror this was about to inflict upon the world.

All of the gangs uniting to fight against one another.

I won't lie and say I'm not afraid, cause I am.

I can't predict the future and say we'll make it out alive, cause at this point, I'm not sure we will...