Chapter 6: Where is the treasure inside of your chest?

Hades looked at the poor, weak, trembling boy. "Alright, poet. Prove to me that you deserve your lover up top with you. If not she stays down here." Hades accepted the offer, crossing his hands over his chest.

Orpheus pulled his lyre from his back, closed his eyes and he began to play.

"King of shadows

Hades was king of the Underworld

But he fell in love with a beautiful lady

Who walked up above

In her mother's green field

He fell in love with Persephone

Who was gathering flowers in the light of the sun

And I know how it was because

He was like me

A man in love with a woman

Singing la la la la la la la

La la la la la la la

La la la la la la"

Persephone, Eurydice, and Hermes all kept their eyes lock onto Hades well Orpheus sang the story of him and Persephone. All three ready to pounce if Hades so much as move an inch towards Orpheus' shaking body. Hermes was positioned behind Orpheus incase his legs gave out.

"And you didn't know how

And you didn't know why

But you knew that you wanted to take her home

You saw her alone there, against the sky

Like yours were the arms that the whole world was in

La la la la la la"

Hades' eyes began to water at the beauty of the story being told in front of him. The story of love. Of tragedy. Not only the story of Hades and Persephone. But of Orpheus and Eurydice. Of all the love stories that have ever happened.

"And what has become of the heart of that man

Now that the man is king?

What has become of the heart of that man

Now that he ?"

Persephone began to walk towards Hades. The love that they once had shared beginning to return to their hearts. Orpheus' song giving love and hope, the passion was seeping out of his voice.

"The more he has, the more he holds

See how he labors beneath that load

Afraid to look up, and afraid to let go

So he keeps his head low, he keeps his back bending

He's grown so afraid that he'll lose what he owns

But what he doesn't know is that what he's defending

Is already gone

Orpheus opened his eyes, and they were boring into Hades'. The look of hope and love that Orpheus was giving was the most beautiful thing ever. Something inside Hades' mind clicked and he looked around to see the actual living hell he has made for these poor souls.

Where is the treasure inside of your chest?

Where is your pleasure? Where is your youth?

Where is the man with his arms outstretched?

To the woman he loves

With nothing to lose"

Singing la la la la la la la...

Hades and Persephone began singing with the beautiful melody, Persephone holding out her hand for Hades to take. He did, and they danced. They danced a dance with love that they had once forgotten. A dance of love. A dance of hope.

"La la la la la la..."

Hades and Persephone looking at each other lovingly as Orpheus continued to play the beautiful song for the two lovers. 

Notes:

Hello once again! Hope you like this chapter! Another chapter tonight! Hope you all are safe and healthy and kind of keeping yourself occupied!

-Emma