Chapter 8: All Set to Go

Chapter 8: All set to go

Eurydice was hovering over Orpheus. Hermes and herself had carried him on board the train and laid him in a seat. His head was supported on Eurydice's lap, Hermes went to find Persephone. To tell her it was time to go. Eurydice looked down at her lovers face. His skin pale and clammy, eyes red and puffy, hair wet from sweat. Eurydice's trance was broken by footsteps coming onboard the train. She looked up to see Persephone walking over to her and Orpheus. She kneeled down, and looked up at Eurydice."How is he?" She asked the simple question, but the answer was not so simple."I... I just wish he would wake up." Eurydice whispered, head bowing. "Then ask him too. Sing him the song," Persephone said, even softer then Eurydice could expect a goddess to speak. Persephone got up, "I'll go tell Hermes we're all set to go." And with that the goddess left her and Orpheus alone.Eurydice looked down at Orpheus' face once again. She opened her mouth and she started to sing.

"I was alone so longI didn't even know that I was lonelyOut in the cold so longI didn't even know that I was coldTurned my collar to the windThis is how it's always been"

Eurydice's attention was pulled to Orpheus, as a shuffled groan escaped his lips. Eurydice smiled and continued to sing their song.

"All I've ever known is how to hold my ownAll I've ever known is how to hold my ownBut now I wanna hold you, tooYou take me in your armsAnd suddenly there's sunlight all around meEverything bright and warmAnd shining like it never did beforeAnd for a moment I forgetJust how dark and cold it getsAll I've ever known is how to hold my ownAll I've ever known is how to hold my ownBut now I wanna hold youNow I wanna hold youHold you closeI don't ever wanna have to let you goNow I wanna hold you, hold you tightI don't wanna go back to the lonely lifeSay that you'll hold me foreverSay that the wind won't change on usSay that we'll stay with each otherAnd it'll always be like thisI'm gonna hold you foreverThe wind will never change on usAs long as we stay with each otherThen it will always be like this"

Notes:

Hello once again! So the next chapter is the last chapter! Can't wait to post it! I hope you liked this chapter! I know that this is a short one, but the next chapter is a long boi! Can't wait for you to read it!! Love you all!

-Emma