Chapter 7: Letting Her Go

Chapter 7: Letting her go

Persephone and Hades shared a long waited kiss. Then the music stopped suddenly, the two looked up to see Hermes supporting a fully passed out Orpheus. Eurydice yelped and ran to her fallen lover. Persephone looked at Hades once again and then back at Orpheus before running to him. Persephone looked at Orpheus and stroked his sweaty cheek with one of her hands.

"Orpheus, baby. I need you to wake up for me." Persephone tried to persuade the unconscious poet to wake up. "Come on baby. You need to see the beautiful work you've just done." Persephone tried again. Eurydice started stroking his sweaty hair out of his face.

Hades spoke from a few feet away, "Come now. You four have a train to be catching." Hades then began to walk away. Persephone looked at Hermes and Eurydice.

"Get him on the train, I'll be back in a few minutes." Persephone said, then she turned away from the trio and ran to Hades. She placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Hades... it's early." Persephone said, wonder why he was letting her go now.

"I've seen why you're so desperate to leave. The mortal world needs you, go to them. Help Orpheus. He'll thrive in spring. He'll heal." Hades said, he truly did see why Persephone loved that boy. Hades' guilt showing through his eyes for what he had done to Orpheus. Persephone looked into Hades' eyes, pushed her lips to his. They kissed for many minutes. Hades pulled away.

"Go. Help the boy, he'll need it." Hades spoke, then he turned away and left.

Persephone stood there. In awe of what her husband had just said. Before she too turned away and walked to the train.

Notes:

This is the last chapter for today! Hope you liked the 3 chapter uploaded, only 2 chapters left! I'll upload the next chapter tomorrow night and then the last chapter on Sunday! I can't wait for you all to read the final chapter! I really tried to use Orpheus and Hermes' father and son relationship in these past chapters. Hope you all liked reading this chapter! Please stay safe and healthy!

-Emma