yoonjin | love sick

🍡
author : calmebyourname on ao3
yoonjin
| whe yoongi is sick and jin takes care of him and yoongi realises he might have been in love with seokjin for a long time or when jin deals with a whiney, sick and needy yoongi, he realises he might not mind doing it forever

please contact me if you would like your story to be deleted
- -

Yoongi is sick. He is hardly ever sick, in fact, in almost ten years Jin has seen Yoongi sick an amount of times you can count on both hands. Jimin and Taehyung are laying on the couch pilled and cuddled watching something on their phones and Jin wouldn't be able to tell there were two boys there if it wasn't for their different laughter, Taehyung's grave one contrasting with Jimin's starry giggles.

"Where's Yoongi?", Jin asks, he was visiting a friend when he read on the groupchat about Yoongi's fever so he went back home and made soup.
Jin felt really restless whenever something happened to one of the boys, but out of those, Yoongi is different, they're the closest, so the idea of Yoongi, small and chubby Yoongi all grumpy and sick, made Jin's heart fall a little.

"In his bedroom", Jimin says, Tae snuggling closer on top of him.

"Are you not taking care of him?" Jin asks honestly. Jimin is usually the one who takes care of everyone.

"I tried but he was grumpy and told me to let him be. Hyung hates being sick, you know that", he answers.
"Yeah" Jin says, but he actually knows Yoongi won't throw him out if he has food. It's always like that.
Jin leaves Jimin and Tae. He knows very well that when they're lost in their own little world there's no use in trying to make conversation.
Jin organizes the food in a tray and goes to Yoongi's room.

***

When he opens the door, Yoongi is turned towards the wall, curled and back towards the rest of the room. When he hears the footsteps he groans and shrinks himself even more.

"Don't complain, I brought food", Jin rolls his eyes, placing the tray on the bedside table and sitting on the bed, hand touching Yoongi's back and drawing circles, soothing him.
"Don't wanna eat", Yoongi murmurs and nuzzles his own face deeper in the covers.

"C'mon, I made your favorite" Jin says, grabbing Yoongi's arm and pulling him to turn to him "You have to eat Yoon, you know that"

Yoongi knows he can't say no. He can never say no to Jin. He pushes himself up to sit on the bed, whining a little because of his aching body.

"Let me help", Jin says, getting the bowl and feeding Yoongi.
It's silent the whole time Yoongi is eating. It's of course the most comfortable silence, the one they're used to. It's their silence. When Yoongi finishes, he tries to lay down again, too weak to keep sitting.

"Nope", Jin says, you have to take a bath.

Yoongi whines loudly and keeps trying to lay but Jin grabs his wrists and pulls him to sit on the edge of the bed. Yoongi is wearing sweatpants and socks and a black t-shirt. No wonder he is cold, he has a fever and is not properly warmed up.

Jin goes to the bathroom and turns on the hot water to fill the bath and pours the scented salt so the water smells good. Yoongi is not really dirty so the bath is to wake him up and clean the fever away, Jin really believes this.

When he goes back Yoongi is not undressed yet. He is again leaning over the pillows and trying to go back to sleep.

"Yoongi", Jin sighs, startling him and making him whine again "C'mon babe"

They're best friends, they don't call each other 'babe' and they know it, but the pet name makes Yoongi shiver.

Jin grabs his wrists once more and pulls him up, so when he is standing their chests are almost glued to each other's so Yoongi buries his face on Jin's chest as he feels sleepy still. When Jin grabs the hem of Yoongi's shirt and when his fingertips brush over the skin on Yoongi's side the younger feels chills on his skin and something weird inside his tummy. Yoongi quickly convinces himself the fever makes him more sensitive.