yoontae | pinky promise

🍡
author : fiddle_stix on ao3
taegi
| melt the key and forge it into a sword

please contact me if you would like your story to be deleted
- -

Stretching my fingers out, I winced at the pain. Checking the clock I realised that it was 2am, meaning I had been working for about 8 hours without noticing. I shook my head, resting it on the now closed lid of my laptop. When I closed my eyes, I immediately opened them again. Using my arms to push back into a normal seating position, I told my brain that I had to focus; had to continue. Had to produce for the fans.

---

Slapping myself in the face, I resisted the urge to collapse on the floor. Jimin, Jungkook and Hobi already had the dance to memory and even Jin and Namjoon were better at the dance. Hell even Yoongi had received praise for his effort. But me? No all I got was a stern look, and a 'with practice you'll be better'. I had to do better, be better. All I needed to do was focus. Had to practice for the fans.

---
Neither Taehyung nor Yoongi could remember the last time they'd eaten, both too focused with pleasing the fans to find a spare minute to grab anything off the shelves.

They were in the middle of a particular part of the choreography which required a lot of energy from all the members, particularly Tae and Yoongi, who were in the centre. Both boys were feeling particularly lightheaded and dizzy, but chose not to mention it. They had to be perfect, and perfect didn't include breaks.

The pain in Yoongi's head had increased significantly, and he forced his hands to remain by his sides. Just as he was about to move to his next position, the figure in front of him fell to the ground. It was not the first time he had seen someone faint but it still made his blood run cold.

"Tae?" it was Jin's alarmed voice that made everyone jump into action. Quickly everyone was huddled around the collapsed boy. Namjoon looked up and his eyes fell on Yoongi who was still standing above them.

"Go get someone," he said his tone demanding and strained. Yoongi knew it wasn't meant to be mean just in panic, so he turned around quickly, which made his head spin, and tried towards the door. Before he could even make two hurried steps, his body gave in, his vision going black. The other members only noticing when his body hit the floor with a soft thud.

---

Yoongi awoke to the sound of continuous beeping. He lay for a moment, eyes still closed, before something clicked in his head. His eyes flew open and he frantically looked around. "Where's Tae? Is he okay?" he asked.

Namjoon and Hoseok sat on the couch, and looked up when they saw him awake. In no time they were standing beside his bed.

"How are you feeling?" said Namjoon.

"I'm fine. How's Tae?" said Yoongi quickly.

"He's okay. He hasn't woken up yet but the doctors say he'll wake up soon," said Hobi.

Yoongi relaxed slightly at the younger's words, but was still rather tense. "What happened?" he asked.

"Well Tae fainted and then I sent you to find someone. When I turned back around you'd fainted. Jungkook went to find someone and we called the ambulance. That was last night," Hobi explained.

The door opened and in walked Jin holding cups of coffee and sandwiches.

"Hey. You're up," the oldest boy said. "I brought food, although you can never trust the hospital stuff. Here take this," he asked gesturing for the leader to take the food. "The manager called and I didn't have any free hands. His he try calling you first?"