My Year

~15 years later~

Things have been different since the outbreak of zombies, and since the factory's explosion from a mysterious power surge underground.

In exchange in turning half the town into zombies the humans idiotic mistake. Science found a way, and that is where the Z-band was created. The Z-band delivered a dose of electromagnetic pulses so that zombies could live normal lives and stop them from eating brains.

My whole family were zombies, my mom, my dad, and my sister Eliza. Me? I'm different... I don't have green hair or pale skin or crave brains. I have fangs, claws and I stay up most of the night and I howl but no one responds.

Unfortunately I'm the only one of my kind... so I'm told. The first Settlers that discovered Seabrook fought them off after they tried to attack them.

I'm Luna.. and yeah, I'm a werewolf. I was left here In zombietown when I was a baby and my mom found me. She may not be my real mom but she took me in took care of me. That's a real mom to me, Eliza and I are the same age ironically. Were both just starting our first year at a human high school. People believe I'm a zombie of some kind, either way a monster so I let them believe it. Why? Well it's simple, humans aren't as smart as they think they are.

I have always wanted to try out for the cheer squad. Yeah, Just because I was a werewolf doesn't mean that I didn't like cheer I was proud of who I was but. My hair was different from everyone else's it was brown when I was little with a hint of silver on it. As I got older it changed, it was more silver and white. I couldn't touch silver either whenever I did I would have a nasty burn.

I went to human school when I was little and I remember kids pulling at it all the time and teasing me. I always ignored them. Eliza and the others had to go to school In a dingy basement.

Since all I've ever dreamed of was making cheer squad and the integration of zombies and humans together. After this whole town gets over itself.. whenever that is.

Unlike zombies, no offense I didn't need a Z-band to keep me from wolfing out or whatever. I had my moonstone, it gave me my strength, made me who I was. Without it I don't know what I would be. Nothing.

Anyway enough about me you'll hear more later, but today was the biggest day of our lives. Zombies get to attend human high school for their first year as freshman.

It was so exciting... oop gotta go school starts soon.

I walked down stairs with my backpack and in my first day outfit.