I feel free

"She was as independent as a cat until she met him... he broke her"

Brian was the first guy you had ever considered more than a friend, or even a friend really. It felt natural to talk to him. Natural to love him.

You started dating a month after meeting and for a long time, the relationship was perfect. You both talked out your problems and supported each other. He always made time for you.

As we know, all good things come to an end. With Brian, it was like a roller coaster going shockingly slow. It started six months in; Brian had become focused more on music. He would distance himself but you found it normal. Or at least you convinced yourself it was.

Then at eight months, Brian ignored your calls and wouldn't talk for days at a time. Rumors flying around that he was seeing other people. You loved him unconditionally, and ignored every claim, stupidly.

It wasn't until the year mark when you decided enough was enough; Keith informed you that he got another girl pregnant, and was openly ignoring you. That day you confronted him.

I love you, I need you, you're my everything left his mouth. All a lie, you thought, and marched out of that studio with confidence.

"I feel free" you told your new boyfriend, Keith Richards.