(8) Warm embrace

<><><>Shuichi P.O.V<><><>

As I was laying in my bed I heard a knock on the door. I opened it expecting to find Kaito but instead it was just Kokichi. Now that I think of it me and Kaito haven't hung out in a while. I've been with Kokichi a lot recently. No reason everyone thinks we're dating...Actually I wouldn't mind dating him...W-wait dating Kokichi?! I means he's cute but- cute?! I'm not thinking straight. (literally)

I opened the door trying my best to cover my face. If only I had my hat...

"Saihara-Chan!"

"My bandage came off! I need you to redo it!! -Wait, why are you blushing?"

"I-it's nothing, d-don't worry about it. Also why do you need your bandage redone? Your cuts healed already right?" I said changing the subject.

"But if I get rid of it I won't remember the time we spent together! I always want to remember time with my beloved!"

"Fine I'll redo it but your perfectly able to do it yourself."

I told Oma as I wrapped the bandage around his finger. "But I'd rather have Saihara-Chan do it!"

I finished wrapping the bandage even though it only took a few seconds. I think he asks me things like this to get on my nerves. "Thanks my beloved" Oma smiled. He is quite cute when he smiles so I can't be mad. "Your welcome Kokichi."

       "Say 'Your welcome beloved' backkkk" Kokichi whined again. "No way" I replied bluntly.

"Pleaseeeeee" Oma insisted. "Otherwise I'll tell everyone that you tried to kill me and you can't be trusted!" He added. "I'd be hard for them to believe you since you lie so much..." I commented knowing he was just bluffing. "Saihara-Channnn It's just 3 word! It's not hard"

"Fine. Y-your w-welcome beloved"

"Ha! You sounded so dumb! Your face was completely red. If only I recorded that." Kokichi
teased me.

I could feel my face become red. "Kokichi I fixed your bandage so you can go now." Shuichi said not looking him in the eye. "Oh but if I go there's a chance I could die! If you stay with me we can win just like you promised! And you can't break a promise otherwise your life will be miserable and unlucky"

"Can you kiss my finger? It just started hurting all of a sudden!" Oma started to whine again. I don't know why I listened to him but I kissed his finger.

"Thanks Saihara-Chan! It's all better now" Oma gleefully said with a bit of surprise in his voice. There was a faint moment of silence before Kokichi started getting closer to me. It got to the point where our noses were almost touching. Was he about to kiss me? I closed my eyes getting ready his embrace but nothing happened. I opened my eyes and saw Kokichi laughing.

"Hahah you look so dumb Saihara-Chan! As if I'd actually kiss you."

I didn't say anything. I just looked away in embarrassment. Instead of a kiss Kokichi gave me a hug. It was a warm hug. A hug I didn't want to end.

"Shuichi, do you still not remember?" Kokichi asked me while his face was buried in my chest.

"I'm sorry oma but whatever you want me to remember I just can't."

Oma sighed. "Can we just...can we stay like this for a while?"

I feel bad, what does he want me to remember?