Gangster Part one

Days later after meeting Cathy, Yuma was late to school again, including Y/n who waited for him to wake up.

"..made it finally." Yuma said, exhausted from running, as Y/n sighed.

"Afraid not!" Caswell said, which startled Yuma, Y/n looked to see Bronk and Tori, before Caswell said. "Y/n may be on time, but you're late, Yuma. Big-time!"

"You're kidding. I am not!" Yuma protested as Caswell took his deck and looked through it.

"Hmm... You are. Quite." Caswell said

"Late how?" Yuma asked

"Late in explaining what's up with these Number cards you play with!" Caswell said, before Y/n's eyes turned sharp.

"What?" She asked, before glancing at Yuma, which he flinched and shook his head no, as he turned to Caswell, and said, "If you mean why they're not in my deck right now, that's a no-brainer."

"It is?" Caswell asked not to believe him.

"It is! They're only here when Astral or Rhea were here!" Tori answered

"Who is Astral? And who is Rhea?" Caswell asked as Y/n glanced at Bronk and Tori, which they flinched and gulped

"You know what, it doesn't matter. In the end, it's clear why you're hiding away-- because they're your secret weapon. What lets you win all the time!"

"Hey, that's not true at all! Sure, I have some good cards, but the reason I win my matches is because I'm a good duelist!" Yuma defended.

"Yeah-- sure it is. Come on. You could never have beaten Shark or Flip without them-- tell me I'm wrong!" Caswell said

"Yes, you are wrong." Y/n said, however Yuma, Bronk and Tori freeze in slight terror, Caswell flinched when he noticed her angry and annoyed aura.

"You see, Yuma here, only used Number cards, because they don't help him win, but to find others that are controlling people. Numbers are different from Xyz monsters, because they're not from here. Do you want to be a Number's puppet just like Shark and Flip?" Y/n asked, holding her fan behind her, trying not to lose it.

"Puppet?" Caswell asked in fear, while Yuma was sweating like crazy.

"Y/n, please don't." he pleaded, but instead Yuma got pulled by the ear and he flinched, Bronk and Tori calm down and sweat dropped.

"Anyway, I also have a Number too, but I don't use it during a duel, only when an opponent is under the influence of another Number." Y/n explained with a small smile, while Caswell calmed down.

"I see. I wonder, since you defeated Mr.Kay, your dueling skills are much better than Yuma's." Caswell said with a smile

"Hey, I'm not that bad." Yuma said, annoyed as Y/n let go of his ear.

"Although, where is Shark? It's been days since he lost." Y/n said.

"You know, I haven't seen him." Tori said.

"Me neither." Bronk said

"I'll explain it. Ever since, Yuma defeated him, Shark changed and started hanging out with bunch of roughneck dudes." Caswell said, as they stood in shock and disbelief

~Time skip after school~

Yuma and Y/n walked through the main area of the mall, then into a dark, cluttered alleyway.

"Why can't anyone understand? It's the duelist that makes the cards, not the other way around!" Yuma said as he thought about Caswell's words.

"You know, it depends on your dueling style, instead of the deck you used." Y/n said as Yuma turned to her and gave a small smile