The Dangerous Number

The sunsetting in Heartland City was usual, Yuma was dueling against someone who is under the control of another Number. While Bronk, Tori, and Y/n were watching from the sidelines.

"I overlay three level two Giant Germs! And these germs are gonna make you feel sick, because now I can build the overlay network!" The possessed duelist said.

"He's gonna Xyz-summon with them!" Bronk exclaimed before the number ninety- six flash.

"Now appear! Number Ninety-Six, Dark Mist!" the duelist called before a black gooze changed in a giant with the number on its face and three overlay units.

Number 96: Dark Mist (Fiend, Xyz, Rank:2, Atk/100)

"It has only one-hundred attack points." Bronk said

"Is that right? He's big." Tori said

"What can it do?" Y/n asked

"Yep-- and the bigger they are, the harder they fall!" Yuma answered.

"Wait, Yuma! Maybe it's you who is falling for a trap!" Bronk warned

"Bronk is right, we must be careful!" Astral agreed with him.

"Careful, shameful! Attack, Utopia!" Yuma called, before Y/n sighed knowing he's being reckless.

"No, wait!!" Bronk yelled.

"Cut right through that mist!"

"Oh no!"

"Wait, it could--"

"Go, Rising Sun Slash!" Utopia attacks with his sword and slashes right through Dark Mist. The possessed duelist screamed and he was sent flying and fell on his back, which dropped his life points to zero.

"I did it! I won! And to the victor go to the spoils-- or in this case, the Number ninety-six." Yuma cheered as he jumped in excitement.

"Way to duel, Yuma!!" Tori cheered.

"Even if there's no trap, that was a great win." Y/n agreed with a smile.

"Yeah, I got the skills that give the chills." He said, before Y/n looked at Bronk, and noticed that he looked mad.

"I'm telling you guys, these days, no one can beat me! I'm not just feeling the flow, I am the flow!" Yuma yelled with a confident smile, before they walked home.

"Honestly, you're a bit confident." Y/n said.

"Yeah, and thanks to the new cards you gave me, I can really win." Yuma agreed.

"Too confident, if you ask me. Don't forget your roots, Yuma." Bronk said, before they stopped and turned to him.

"My roots?" Come one, be serious."

"I am being serious, you got to where you are with my help, we used to be a team!!" Bronk yelled.

"Well now, I'm a solo act!! And I never needed you anyhow!" Yuma yelled back.

"Oh jeez." Y/n rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"You know, you've got a real big mouth!!" Bronk yelled

"No you do!" Yuma yelled back

"Stop it right now!!" Y/n demanded, holding her fan behind her back.

"I meant figuratively!"

"Well I mean literally!"

"Would you knock it off!!!!" Tori exploded, as she and Y/n watched in annoyance.

"No, but I'll knock Bronk's block off!" Yuma said, not listening to the girls.

"Bring it on!!" Then they started fighting, as Tori tried to break it up but couldn't and sighed.