Chapter 1

3000 years later......

For centuries,people and armies have fought over The city of Hamunaptra. Never knowing the evil that lay beneath it. The Medjay-descendants of the pharaohs sacred bodyguards, continue to watch over it. Along the outer gates of the city ,over 60 men were lined up with guns aimed at the oncoming 100s of men in black robes and horses and weapons ready to fight over the cursed land.

All the men lined up against the crumbling stone gates dressed in all white attire except for two. One had on a brown army jacket. He was the commanding officer,who after a while of looking at the oncoming men heading towards them in huge numbers, shook his head and turned around on his horse and rode deeper into the city,leaving his troops to fend for themselves.

The second person in brown looked at the comrade beside them after watching their commanding officer scurry off on his horse.

"He just got promoted." The comrade told the soldier, in a joking tone. The soldier turned back around and sighed ,calling a command in Arabic. All the men cocked their guns ,ready and waiting for the next command.

"You're with me on this one right?" The Brown suited soldier asked with their gun aimed at the approaching men.

"Oh your strength gives me strength." The comrade replied with a hint of sarcasm. As the soldier told everyone to hold their position,the smaller comrade shook his head before throwing his gun down and started running back the other way in which the commander had left. The soldier watched  before shaking their head, not surprised by the men's cowardice before giving another command. When the targets were a few feet away, they called out one last command.

"Fire!" The soldier called out loud and clear and as one ,the others fired off their guns taking out the first row of enemies. The soldier kept firing and backing away from the wall as they got closer, other soldiers falling and screaming around them. When the shotgun ran out of bullets they had knocked one men off their horse as they flew over the gate before pulling out two hand guns and shooting them until those were empty and threw them to the ground only to pull out two more guns. The soldier began running deeper into the city ,taking out as many enemies as they could. In the distance,they could see their comrade from earlier running to the door of the tomb. The soldier looked back over their shoulder to see all the other soldiers falling prey to the enemies,but it was inevitable. There was just to many of them to fight off. They called out to their comrade, telling them to hurry and get inside. They quickly obeyed but instead of holding the door open, they began closing it behind them as the Soldier approached.

"Hey! What are you doing?! Don't close that door!" The soldier called out ,but by time they got there it had closed. Bullets ricochet off the door and walls,making the soldier curse before running off to try and find another safe place. The soldier pulled out another gun and managed to take out a few more as they ran. One of them threw a knife ,causing The soldier to jump over a fallen pillar to dodge it.

In landing the soldier had dropped their gun but before they could pick it up ,bullets wizzed by them causing them to have to leave it. The soldier continued running while zigzagging to dodge the bullets. The soldier stopped in front of a large stone statue that had the head of a Dog and the body of a men. There was no where else to run, so they turned to face the approaching enemies to accept their fate.  They stopped in front of the soldier and aimed their guns, ready to kill, making The soldier closed their eyes. All of a sudden they heard the robed men began screaming in fear as they tried to retreat. Some falling off their horses in panic. By time the soldier opened their eyes they was alone.

The soldier looked around them in confusion,before hearing a whisper of a voice but it sounded like it had come from underground or maybe the statue.

The soldier turned and looked up at the statue suspiciously before looking down to see the sand started moving under their feet. The soldier let out a startled yell as the ground started reshaping and moving. The soldier getting creeped out, began running away from the statue as the sand formed the shape of a mans face in a silent scream.

Up high on the sandy cliffs overlooking the city,stood several men in black robes in tribal tattoos on their face looking down at the city as their last few men had run out of the city terrified.

(The creature remains undiscovered. ) A dark curly haired men said. They watched  as the lone soldier stumbled out of the city grounds a few moments later, and headed towards the dessert.

(What of this one? Should we kill him?) a man besides the curly haired man asked.

(No.) he replied watching the soldier who stopped and looked up from hearing the horses. The soldier watched them untrustingly, just as they watched back, before the soldier looked away making sure they wouldn't be ambushed or attacked.

The dark haired men watched the soldier stumbled farther away from the city before replying.

(The dessert will kill him.)

But what they didn't know was that it wasn't a him but a her...

A/n:
worlds in italics =Egyptian
(Words inside )=Arabic