Chapter 8

They had arrived back to the city of Cairo where they all went their separate ways. Ruby followed Evie to her room where she started taking stuff out of her closet and dressers.

"I thought you didn't believe in all that fairytale and hookem stuff? Shoo!" Ruby replied to the white cat perched on top of the suitcase as she threw different types of Evie's clothes in it. The cat meowed alarmed and jumped into Evie's arms, who put the cat down on the floor.

"Well that was before having an encounter with a 3000 year old walking, talking corpse! That put it in perspective for me." She said taking her clothes out the suitcase and sitting them on a chair.

"I dont care! We're out the door,down the hall,and we're gone!" Ruby stated throwing more clothes in the suitcase.

"Oh no we are not!" Evie said disagreeing, taking her clothes out the suitcase again.

"Oh yes we are!" Ruby argued back this time throwing books in it.

"Oh no we are not! We woke him up and we are going to stop him!" Evie said taking the books out.

"We? What we? WE didn't read that book! I told you not to play around with that thing. Didn't I tell you not to play with that thing!" Ruby said pointing at her accusingly after adding more books to the suitcase.

"Yes! Me,me,me! I, I,I ! I woke him up and I intend to stop him." Evie said rolling her eyes and taking the books out the suitcase.

"Oh yeah? How? You heard the man! No mortal weapons can kill this guy!" Ruby said about to put a type writer in the case but Evie snatched it from her.

"Then we'll have to find some IMMORTAL ones!" Evie said exasperated.

"There goes that WE again." Ruby said making a face as if trying to figure out the WE part.

"Listen we have to do something-" Evie said almost smashing Ruby's hands in the suitcase as she closed it, but she moved it in time and glared at Evie as she walked around the table with Evie following. "...before this creatures been reborn and the whole earth is destroyed!" Evie finished.

Ruby turned on her and glared. "Oh yeah! And is that my problem!"

"Well it's everybody's problem!" Evie said back as Ruby stalked her around the table in another circle but the opposite direction.

"Evelyn I appreciate you saving my life and all but when I signed on, I agreed to take you out there and to bring you back! I have done that! End of job! End of story! Contract terminated!" Ruby said pointing at her by the end.

"Is that all I am, a contract to you then?" Evie said giving her an offended look.

"Look you can either tag along with me or you can stay here and try and save the world! What's it gonna be?" Ruby asked leaning towards her across the table.

"I'm staying." Evie said defiantly.

Ruby stared at her for a minute. "Fine!" She said snapping.

"Fine!" Evie snapped back.

"Fine!" Ruby said heading for the door.

"Fine." Evie repeated putting her hands on her hips.

Ruby opened the room door and looked back at her. "Fine." She said getting the last word before closing the door and Evie pouted angrily,folding her arms.

********************************

Ruby headed downstairs to the bar, needing a really strong drink. She was so busy walking,thinking about how stubborn that girl was that she bumped into someone.