Chapter 7

The next day the archeologist was at the Anubis statue ,where the other diggers removed a chest with hieroglyphs on it,from the secret compartment under the statue. When the diggers carried the chest over to the men, they quickly scurried away and huddled in a corner, scared of what could happen next. The archeologists dusted off the chest.

"There's a curse upon this chest." He told them while reading the hieroglyphs written on the box.

"Curse my ass." Daniels said.

"Yeah who cares about a stupid curse." Anderson said.

"Heaven cares Mr.Anderson. These hallowed grounds are as strong now as they was back then." He explained to them.

"Ok we understand doc. What does it say?" Burns replied.

The archeologist traced his finger across the symbols as he read it.
"Mort altu al genheire : Death will come on swift wings unto who so ever opens this chest." The archeologist read ominously. After he said it a sudden wind came through the room, blowing the fire in the torches. The diggers being superstitious already, freaked out and scurried out,screaming something in Arabic as they ran.

"We should not be here, This is not good." Beni said sounding just as creeped out as the diggers but the other men ignored him.

"There is one , the undead who is bound by sacred law, who if brought back to life to consummate this curse." The archeologist read.

"Well let's make sure we don't bring anyone back from the dead then." Daniels said and he continued to read.

"He will kill all who opens this chest, and assimilate their organs and fluids, and in doing so ,he will regenerate, and no longer be the undead; but a plague upon this earth." He finished and it was silent for a minute.

"Well we didn't come all this way for nothing." Anderson replied and Daniels agreed.

Beni began backing away from them in panic. "It's the curse! Beware of the curse, beware!" He said running off.

 "It's the curse! Beware of the curse, beware!" He said running off

"Stupid superstitious ,bastard." Daniels said ,watching the guy run off before helping the others open the chest. When they did a mist came from it and they covered their face until it cleared ,when it did they removed a cover to reveal a thick black book made of think slabs with hieroglyphs on it.

The archeologist picked it up, amazed. "The book of the dead. It does excist." He said breathlessly.

"A book? Who cares about a book? Where the hell is the treasure?" Daniels said scoffing.

"This gentlemen....this is the treasure." The archeologist said.

"I wouldn't trade you for a bucket and-" Anderson said knocking the side of the chest, he stopped talking when a piece of it fell off showing a hidden compartment. They all looked inside to see it contained five jars with Egyptian gods heads on it.