Chapter 3

"Come ,come. Step over the sash hole." The prison warden greeted as Evie and Jonathan walked on the premises of the local Cairo Prison Facility. His sister's arm linked inside his as they followed the prison ward.

"Welcome to Cairo Prison my humble home!" Exclaimed the chubby men said as he led them around.

"You told me you got it on a dig down in Thebes?!" She mumbled to him as they continued walking.

"Well I was mistaken." He said with a chuckle.

"You lied to me!" She argued back.

"I lie to everybody. What makes you so special?" He countered back.

"I am your sister!" She said scoldingly.

"Well that just makes you more gullible." He stated.

"Jonathan! You stole it from a drunk at the local castle bar!" She said back.

"Actually I picked their pocket , now can we just go now." He said nervously turning them around.

"Oh will you stop being so ridiculous! Now what exactly is this person in prison for?" She asked the warden after turning her brother back around.

"That I do not know. I asked that myself." He said and then called out something in Arabic.

"And what did they say?" She asked with a tilt of her head. The warden turned around and shrugged before spitting on the ground.

"When I told them you were coming . They just said they was looking for a good time." He replied before the cell door opened and two guards struggled with bringing out a wiggling body while yelling in their language. The two siblings looked on shocked as they watched the guards struggle to handle the prisoner. They eventually managed to get the person on their knees before hitting the prisoner on the back of the head ,making them grunt.

"This is the man that you-wait that's a woman." Evie stared shocked ,as she looked into the eyes of the prisoner. They were the beautifulest color of blue with specs of green and another color she couldn't identify but they were definitely feminine and fierce. Surrounded by brown unkept hair that reached her chin and curled at the end. Her arms were covered in different tattoos. Some colorful while some were in one singular color. Others were drawings with pictures of characters while some were Egyptian symbols.

"Yes well I didn't know it was a woman. They had their head down at the bar." Her brother explained in a low tone to her.

"Who are you?" The beautiful woman spoke in a clear American voice, looking at the guy before her eyes met his sister. "And who's the broad?"

"Broad?" She asked looking at her brother in confusion.

"Well I'm just a local missionary chap, spreading the good word, and this is my sister Evie." Jonathan butted in quickly ,pulling his sister closer to the to the bars.

"How do you do?" Evie replied in a polite ,meek tone.

Even in the tattered baggy clothes. The woman was beautiful and Evie Couldn't help but appreciate that.

The woman studied her for a minute before replying.

"Oh well at least she's not a total lost." The women responded, shrugging .

"I beg your pardon!?" Evie said offended. Having never been talked to by another girl like that. Before anyone could respond,the warden yelled something to someone in the distance.

"I'll be back in a moment." He told them before leaving and barking something in Arabic.

"Ask her about the box." Jonathan whispered and Evie nodded.