Chapter 9

The next day the three of them got out their yellow car and greet Winston at his one plane air field.

"So what's your little problem got to do with his majesty's royal air core?" The old man asked sitting under a umbrella, drinking tea.

"Not a damn thing." Ruby replied shrugging lightly. Winston put his cup down and looked at her concerned.

"Is it dangerous?" He asked her with wide eyes.

"Well you probably won't live through it." She told him as truthfully as she could .

"God you really think so?" He asked shocked.

"Most of your other friends took a dive why not you?" Jonathan said matter of factly.

Winston stood up and looked at the three of them. "So what's the challenge then?" He asked .

"Save the damsel, Kill the bad guy , save the world." Ruby summarized.

The old man turned to her and soluted her with a laugh and bright smile. "Winston Whitlock at your service ma'am."

They immediately got in a small two seater plane and immediately took to the air. Ruby was in the back seat as the shooter and she leaned over to her right side and put two fingers to her mouth and whistled.

"Hey are you alright?!" She yelled towards Jonathan. He was tied to the wing of the plane and Ardeth to the other.

"Do I bloody look alright!?" He yelled at her angrily.

Ruby chuckled slightly before leaning to the other side and doing the same thing. "How you doing ?!" She called out to Ardeth but he didn't reply. Either he was to terrified to speak or he couldn't hear her.

They flew pass a giant sand tornado and Winston pointed at it. "You see that!? I've never seen one so big!" He told Ruby.

"Never!?" She questioned curiously.

"No!" He shook his head.

********************************

That very same sand tornado spat out two people, a man and a woman screaming as they landed in the sand.

"Get off me! Get.Off!" Evie yelled at Beni swatting him with her hand.

"I need a new job." He groaned as he moved away from her and she shook out her now black tangled,curly hair.

A minute later the sand tornado stoped as Imhotep walked out casually without a care in the world.

Evie flipped her hair over her shoulder and watched as he walked pass her, while she was still kneeling in the sand.

"Oh my god......We're back." She said as she spotted the city of the dead in the distance. They heard a roaring sound above them and all three looked up to see a small yellow plane flying above. Evie and Beni stood up and she could see the outline of a person with a gun in the backseat.

"O'Connell." She whispered knowingly with a smile of happiness,knowing that Ruby was going save her. She wasn't the only one who knew because Imhotep slowly lifted his arms making the ground crack, and rumble under them. Evie gasped as her and Beni backed up as a huge wall made out of sand rose up high towards the sky. With a thrust of both his hands , he made the wall start moving towards the plane.

********************************

"Oh my god." Ruby said in a long drawl as she watched as the huge mass of sand headed towards them with wide eyes. She turned slightly in her seat while still watching the sand. "Hey Winston! Go faster!" She yelled at him.

"Hang on!" Winston yelled at them as he plunged the plane over a cliff making the men on the wings scream, while the wall still followed them.

Ruby stared as a face made out of sand appeared in the middle on the wall. The mummy's face. The face grinned as if it could see them perfectly. Ruby aimed her gun at it and She fired shots at it which basically did nothing since it was made out of sand. The face then opened its mouth wide and Ruby put goggles over her eyes and ducked in her seat as the sand face clamped it's mouth close as if to eat them and the sand wall swallowed up the plane, causing it to spiral.

********************************

"Stop it! You'll kill them!" Evie screamed looking at Imhotep as he concentrated with his eyes closed,controlling the sandstorm.

"That's the idea." Beni replied watching. Evie pushed Beni out the way and ran to Imhotep before turning back to watch the plane ,with a worried look on her face.

*******************************

The plane spiraled in circles as it spun inside the storm and the two men on the wings yelled continuously.

Ruby just gritted her teeth and tried not to let the dizziness make her want to throw up.

"Here I come laddies!" Winston yelled laughing gleefully.
********************************

Evie grimaced at the thought of what she was about to do. She quickly grabbed Imhotep's face and planted a kiss on his lips. She maneuvered his body around so she she could see the storm as she pressed her lips against his. She watched as the sand wall disappeared and the plane flew out and detached her lips, smiling that her plan worked. Her smile soon vanished and was replaced with a frown when she noticed the plane was going to crash in the sand. A moment later it did.

"I loved the whole sand wall truck... it was beautiful." Beni said gesturing following behind the mummy towards the city.
*******************************

Ruby threw her bag on the sand before trying to climb out the now destroyed plane. Though she tried being careful she still ended up tumbling out and landing on the sand in a small thud. Ardeth had already freed himself and was dizzily swaying on his feet.

"Uh excuse me. I could use a little help if it's not to much trouble!!" Jonathan yelled out still strapped to the other wing.

"Yeah yeah, alright." Ruby said stumbling her way over to him and freeing him ,where he fell to the ground with a thud and grunted.

She then made her way to where Winston was still in his seat and called his name.
She bent down and placed her hand against his neck but couldn't feel any pulse. They were to late he was already gone. She looked over her shoulder at Jonathan with a solemn look when Suddenly the ground started sinking.

"Get back it's quick sand!" Ardeth told them and Jonathan pulled Ruby back as she grabbed her bag off the ground and they quickly ran a few feet away and watched as the front of the plane sunk in the sand taking Winston with it. Ruby saluted the fallen soldier before picking up her bag and they headed towards the city.