Chapter 6

When everyone arrived at the city , Daniels paid Ruby the $500 that they won solemnly while Ruby smiled smugly.

After that the men took their diggers that they hired and the archeologist started giving them commands. Anderson looked on the other side of the clearing as Ruby tied a rope around a huge pillar and Evie was trying to right a huge old looking mirror into the ground.

"Do they know something we don't ?" He asked spitting a peanut shell on the ground. The archeologist smiled patronizingly.

"They're led by a woman. What does a woman know?"

*******************************

"That's the statue of Anubis. It's legs go deep under ground. According to my research that's where we'll find the location of the book Al-Mun-Ra." Evie stated off info as she tried fixing the old mirror. Ruby finished tying the rope and tugged it to make sure it was secure before letting it go. She then took something out of her bag and walked up to Evie as she was still fiddling with the Mirror.

"So uh, what are these old down mirrors for?" Ruby asked in a nervous tone.

"Ancient mirrors. It's an ancient Egyptian trick you'll see." Evie corrected her.

"Oh um. Here this is for you." She said holding out a brown rolled up cloth ,with a string tied around it. Evie took it from Ruby and looked at her curiously.

"It's something I borrowed off the other guys. I thought you might like it, might need it. For you know." Ruby explained gesturing nervously.

"Thank you." Evie replied and Ruby nodded smiling softly before walking away. "What are you looking at?" Ruby said passing the ward and he held up his hand in surrender. After Ruby was a good distance away , Evie unraveled the cloth to reveal different tools used for digging and excavation. Evie's smile grew as she looked at the tools before wrapping them back up and throwing a dreamy smile in Ruby's direction as she watched her lower the rope in a hole in the ground they would use to enter the city.

********************************
After the four of them used the rope to climb down the hole, the four of them stood around with Ruby holding a torch that she found and lit.

"Do you realize we're standing inside a Room that no one has entered in over 3000 years." Evie pointed out with a wide smile standing next to Ruby as she held her new tool kit in her arms. She walked next to another mirror and  aimed it up out the hole.

"And then there was light." Evie replied as the light reflected from outside,lighting up the room.

"Hey that is a cool trick." Ruby said smiling as she looked around.

As they walked deeper into the room , Evie noticed some familiar items from her studies. "Oh my god. It's a Son-echi." She said in excitement.

"A what?" Ruby asked crinkling her eyebrows in confusion.

"A son-echi. A preparation room." Evie explained.

"Preparation for what?" Ruby asked swinging the torch around.

"For entering the afterlife." Evie said with a smile directed at Ruby.

"Mummies my friend ,this is where they made the mummies." Jonathan said patting Ruby on the shoulder.

They went down a long dark hallway with Ruby leading, taking out one of her guns just in case anything decided to pop out at them. All of a sudden there was a sound of thousand tiny feet moving above Their heads they all looked up at the ceiling and stared cautiously.

"What was that?" Jonathan asked. After the sound passed and they began walking again.

"Sounds like.....bugs." Ruby answered with a lift of her eyebrow.