CHAPTER 10

RAFAELLE

IT WAS a cold Sunday yesterday and my phone haven't beeped any single message from her. I tried to call her but my inner thoughts debated each other and in the end, I failed. I can't dial her phone number. I kept on staring at my phone when suddenly  a warm hand enveloped mine on top of the dining table.

"We're in the middle of our breakfast and you only did, son, is to stare at your phone screen. You're disrespecting the food, Rafaelle." My mamà sounded irritated with what I'm doing. I forgot. We were having our Monday breakfast.

"Maybe it's work, mamà. You know how busy my big bro is." Gio stated like its the only obvious thing in the world.

I sighed and fished my phone back to my pockets.

"But still, work can wait. Go and eat your breakfast, boys. We'll be discussing some important matters once you're all finished."

"Sì, mamà." Both me and Gio said in unison. We're raised by my mother's hands. She's very hands-on to her children while my papà is busy with the family's businesses. We barely have a family bonding when we were kids with papà. Only mamà witnessed my and Gio's childhood. 

The reason why I'm what she called mamà's boy is because I adored her so much. So much that I will always tell myself I don't need any other woman in my life because I already have my mother. But now, I'm starting to think on the weird things she told me these past few days. I tried to think of it last night but I failed. I just ended up more confused like the more I think of it, the more it gets complicated.

The three of us ate in silence. Only the sound of the utensils and the soft classical music being played on the living room is heard. Mamà always loved classical music echoing the house. She said it relaxes her and that it gives her peace.

My mamà is a full blood Filipina. She told us that she was once a cafè waitress when she met papà. Papà is known for being ruthless to everyone. Well I won't object to that. But then she met mamà and mamà turned his world upside down. Mamà taught him to live his life full of love and affection to the people surrounding him.

Even though papà is still cruel and ruthless until now, he would always soften himself to the only woman of his life, my mamà.

My family's record is clean when it comes to women. Well except me, i think? Because mamà think that I created a crime when I broke Nailani's heart. Sad to say, I'm not really interested with her the reason why I received mamà's burning slap.

As for Gio, I don't really know that much. I only knew ever since we're kids that he had his eyes on Nailani. Unfortunately, the woman is in love with me. Poor Gio. He's still holding his grudges to his brother. But we're in good terms when it comes to other things except to that woman.

When we finished our breakfast, mamà gathered the utensils and put them on the sink. She didn't hire any maid in this mansion. As I was saying, she's very hands-on.

"Gio." I called to the man beside me. Whenever I look at Gio, Papà's face is highlighted. He inherited my papà's looks while I got mine from the mamà and papà.

"Yes?"

"Have you heard from Alexus about the event this coming Saturday?" Gio's also a member of The Underground.

"Oh yeah, right! I'll go. How about you?" He asked.

"Well, i guess so. I don't know... I might have some things to do..."

Gio looked at me like I grew two big horns.

"Woah woah. That's a first bro! You never missed any event!" He playfully smirked at me like his eyes are telling me he's investigating my soul.