8. Bonding

I spent the rest of the week trying to avoid Ally. I stayed off on Thursday and then Friday went in and actually for once went to home room. And guess what, it still sucks. Then any lesson I had with her I either skipped or just went to coaches office. So I really only had one class and I ended up in detention because of it. Though just before I reach the room detentions in I see Ally walk in. So I walk straight past the classroom though the teacher spots me.
"Max where are you going?" They call after me.
"Home." I yell back and I hear a bunch of the kids in detention laugh. They tried going after me but I lost them.

Then as soon as I got back to Jakes I got a text from my mum.

Mum; hey Max so your dads gonna be away for a while so if your up for it you can come home tomorrow.
Max; yeah sure
Mum; okay, do you want me to pick you up
Max; nah I'll walk home
Mum; you sure your up for it.
Max; yeah it'll do me some good.

My mum then gave me the timings I could go back and turns out my dad was leaving at 4am so my mum would text me when he's left. So I'll probably wake up at 5am and shower then get ready to leave for 6am.

So at 4:30am my mum texts me telling me that my dads left and so I start getting ready and start having a shower. I slick my hair back and then just throw on some black ripped jeans, clip my chain on my jeans and then just throw on my plain black hoodie and shove all my clothes back into my rucksack and then just walk down the hall to Jakes room. His room is a lot messier then I thought it would be but it doesn't really bother me. I grab a pillow from one of the chairs and just threw it across the room so it lands on his head.
"Jerk." He mumbles into his pillow and I just laugh.
"Tell you parents I said thanks for having me." This time he sits up to look at me.
"Your leaving?" I yawns.
"Yeah my dads not gonna be home for a couple days or so." I shrug.
"Ok, stay safe and call me if you get in trouble." He mumbles laying back down and I laugh.
"What no goodbye hug." I say.
"Your not that special." He mumble and I laugh.
"Awww" I whine.
"Oh fine, come here then." He says and I have to step over a bunch of clothes. He sits up and gives me a small hug and pats me on the back. "There." He says.
"Thank you now was that so hard?" He just looks at me unimpressed.
"Yes." He complains and I laugh.
"Right well I'll see you around." I say walking to his door.
"Bye." He says before he goes back to sleep. I let myself out and put lock the door with the spare key they gave me when I was 11 and me and my dad first started butting heads. I don't use it much but they still let me keep it.

I then start my long walk back to mine. I put my headphones  in as I walk as it stops people trying to talk to me when I don't want them to. Not that anyone's awake yet. When I reach my neighbourhood I get my usual uneasy feeling but then have to remind myself that my dads not home and my stomach settles a little. I reach my house and I watch the door open and the twins come running out and my mum walks out closely behind them. I drop my bag on the other side of the fence and kneel down to greet them. Mia hugs me fist and nearly knocks my over and then Alex hugs me after. They both bouncy around with their usual bubbly energy. I laugh and they both giggle. I pick Mia up as Alex wraps his little arms and legs around my leg and I just walk over to my mum. Alex lets go and I put Mia down and hug my mum.
"Ive missed you." She says sounding slightly tearful.
"Ive missed you too mum." I mumble into her shoulder. She then guides me back into the house after I grab my bag from the lawn. Yep still the same old dump. I walk over to the sofa and just flop down and Mia and Alex both run over. Mia climbs onto my stomach and Alex sit on my ankles. It doesn't hurt anymore, or I just don't notice the pain. Mia hands me the remote that I didn't even know she'd picked up and turn the tv on. My mum comes and joins us but sits on the other sofa smiling. I put on some garbage I know Mia and Alex enjoy and Mum doesn't mind and neither do I if I'm honest.
"Where's Leah?" I ask looking around the room noticing she's not here.
"She's staying at a friends house for the weekend. Sorry it must of slipped my mind." My mum says.
"Oh alright." I say.
"Oh yeah we're having some guests over for the day." My mum says.
"Who?" I ask turning my head to look at her. But before she can answer theres a knock at the door. My mum rushes to get it and I raise an eyebrow in confusion.