let's do this again

i'm in the attending's lounge as i change into my navy scrubs. hayes, aka mcwidow, is sitting on the couch, and avery is making coffee.
"good morning!" bailey says, walking in the door.
"morning bailey," i respond.
"what's wrong with you grey? why does your face looks all dark and twisty?" she asks me, with her usual sassy flare.
"my face? what's wrong with my face? i'm just- tired. i had a long night. and morning. and it's going to be a long night, again." i say. how can she even tell? oh right, she's bailey, she sees everything.
"is everything okay? oh! are you...," her voice lowers, "getting some...?" she asks, her eyebrows raised suggestively.
"bailey! no! god, i wish. zola came home drunk after going to a party with her boyfriend. you could say i'm pissed, but that would be an understatement." i fall on to the couch, on the opposite end of hayes. i close my eyes, after going to bed at midnight, i barely slept and i needed some rest before my 20 hour shift.
hayes chuckles briefly, but tries to cover it up.
"i'm sorry, is this funny to you? you have kids, you know how this must feel!"
"no! i'm sorry, it's really not funny. it's just that one of my sons went to a party last night with his girlfriend, and she got drunk. he drove her home and said no after she was coming on to him. i mean, what kind of 16 year old boy says no to sex; i feel like i raised him right, you know?" he says, with a little pride in his voice, "not that you raised your daughter wrong, or anything!" he adds quickly.
"no, i get it. don't worry. wait a second- what's your sons name?" i ask, curiously.
"austin. he's sixteen, plays basketball, goes to lakeside school-"
"austin?! that's zola's boyfriend! what the-"
"i'm gonna go now," avery says quietly as he and bailey walk out the door.
"he's the one who brought her to a party and got her drunk? are you serious? you're lucky i don't kill you!"
"meredith, please. calm down. this wasn't his fault, and it wasn't your fault as a mother. teenagers do these things-" he reasons.
"not zola! no! she doesn't do these things! not until she started hanging out with him!" i yell, fuming. i could be more mad now then i was last night.
"look, i'm really sorry about what happened but you can't blame this on my son!"
"yes i can! this is-," i pause. "no. you're right. it's not his fault. i'm just really pissed off and i need to blame someone. and he took her to this party, so he seemed like a good person to blame. i'm sorry," i say, calming down. he's moved closer to me now and i can tell he's thinking hard about something.
"can we get back to the fact that our kids are dating? that's kind of weird, huh? i didn't know she even went to lakeside."
"yeah. all of my kids do, since they were too old to go to the daycare at the hospital. but now really isn't the time for this chit chat. i'm still kind of mad, not that its your fault."
"okay, i understand." he says. god, he was kind of amazing. a single dad, raising his sons the right way? it's crossed my mind a few times, but he's looking really hot right now. my head is right next to his, and we're making eye contact, slowly leaning in.
suddenly, he leans toward me and holds my face still as he kisses me, again and again.
he looks at me for approval, and i nod.
he kisses me again, this time with more feeling. he lowers my back on to the couch, not stopping contact.
"i like you, doctor grey. i have for a long time now."
"i like you too, doctor hayes," i tell him, with my back on the uncomfortable couch, looking deep into his eyes.
"god, you're really hot right now. but you'd look better without these scrubs. should we move to an on-call room?"
i nod slowly. i couldn't believe where this was going. we were both arguing a few second ago- but wow. he's really hot when he's angry.
"but i don't want to get up. can we do it here?" i ask, with a mischievous grin. i run to the door and flip the lock.
"okay, if you insist doctor grey," he says.
i open my mouth to respond, but he's already
kissing me and i can't think of anything else.
~a little while later~
i pull my scrub top back over my head and i ask him, "what's wrong?"
"hmm? oh... nothing. it's just... you're the first person i've been with since my wife." he says, confiding in me.
"oh. umm. i'm sorry if you-"
"no. please, don't apologize. you did nothing wrong."
"well you're handling this a lot better than i am. the first guy i was with, my sisters had to chase him out because i was screaming and crying hysterically. it was not a pretty sight."
he smiles and says: "it's okay. i was ready, it's been a few years now."
"okay, well in that case, i hope we can do this again," i say smiling. i leave the attending's lounge, really hoping that we can do this again.

a/n
heyyy! i hope you liked this twist. i know austin's older than zola in the show, but whatever. what do you think of mer and mcwidow? also, i'm thinking of doing a part with mer and bailey/ellis instead of zola.