respect our relationship

mer's pov~
"thank you, dr. wilson." i tell my fellow general surgery attending as i turn down the hallway after she gives me my patient's labs.
as i'm walking away, i feel a hand around my waste and the other around my mouth. i'm getting pulled into an on-call room and before i can yell, i see hayes's dreamy face, and his dark eyes looking into mine.
"what do you think you're doing?" i ask.
"this." he answers, and then kisses me repeatedly, all over my lips, face, and neck.
"mhmm. i can see that. but why? we talked about this last night."
"yes, but over the phone. and i just needed to see you. and talk." he says as he pulls me onto his lap. my legs are around his waist at this point and i'm sitting on his lap.
"well what you're doing right now doesn't seem like taking," i tell him as his hands move under my scrub top, "and you can see me in the halls."
"can i do this in the hall though?" he asks as he uses one hand to move up my top and the other starts uniting my pants.
i swat his bottom hand away. we can't have sex right now. 
"okay. we should probably stop now." i say, trying to be coherent. i hate having to stop this steamy make-out session with mcwidow in a random on-call room.
"why? are you sure?" he asks, not stopping the small kisses along my collar bone.
"yes, i'm sure. but if we keep going i'm definitely going to change my mind."
i get up off of his lap and i hear his breath hitch at the loss of contact.
"why? how could you do this?" he says playfully.
"why?! you know why. you know exactly why."
"because our kids are also having sex?"
"hey! we don't know that they're having sex! god, i hope not. but that's really not the point of this conversation. we can't do this because our kids are in a relationship. and, we're in the hospital right now which means somebody could walk in on us."
"so? why do our sixteen year olds determine our sex lives?" he responds quickly.
"it's just- i don't know. i need zola to trust me right now. after derek died, she needs people. especially when she's this age. who could she need more than her mother? she can never find out about this."
"okay. i respect that. but i think there's something you don't know..." his voice trails off.
"what? what is it? and why are you looking at me like that?"
"it's just... you said we didn't know if they're having sex, but they are. i walked in on them once." he says nonchalantly.
i wasn't expecting that. i never expected zola to get a boyfriend this early, and i only gave her the talk out of caution. she just wasn't that type of girl. i'm not mad about her and austin per say, but i'm mad she didn't talk to me. i told her to come to me, numerous times, but she didn't. it's like my words mean nothing to her. she probably only did it to spite me, once again. i don't even know if they were safe and used protection. i was supposed to help. be the mother i never had.
i guess my facial expression is giving away exactly how i'm feeling, as he comforts me.
"i'm sure they were safe. it's okay, you don't have to be mad."
"mad? i'm not mad. i was having sex younger then they are now. it's just that i told her to talk to me," my voice breaks, "i told her- i thought she trusted me. we got in a fight, over the two of us."
i didn't want to add that she did trust me before the two of us; that will only make him feel guilty. at this point i'm crying real tears. not only is my daughter growing up, but i'm not the person she comes to.
i stop pacing in the small room and sit next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. he runs his hand through my hair; i feel guilty because the only thing in my head right now is derek. he used to play with my hair just like what was happening right now. and he would be here for zola. i mean, not the sex part, but the growing up part.
you know what? screw it. if zola doesn't care enough to listen to me, then i'm not listening to her.
i grab hayes's shoulders and flip us around so he's on top of me.
"so you've changed your mind?" he asks me.
"yes. if zola doesn't trust me and respect our relationship, then why should it matter if we're together?" i tell him as he finally pulls my scrubs over my head and kisses my neck.
"okay then," he says with a mischievous grin.

a/n-
sorry if this scene wasn't great, it was kind of short and i had a tough time writing it. please comment ideas and criticism to make the story better! thank you!!