Thirty Eight

Celeste/Marcenia

The moment was followed by a heavy silence, the entirety of the hall either staring at the prince who still had yet to get up or at the young woman who had put him in this position, me.

It took a few moments before two men from his kingdom reacted and helped him up.

The dent, yes, there was an actual dent in the marble floor where he had landed, was as large as his body and ankle deep, showing them that the force the man had been thrown with was nothing to scoff at. Many who had seen the strength the Morningstar family members had shown were surprised, as even the men had never shown as much as the young lady had displayed.

The King seemed more and more pleased, his sons slightly less so, recognising a woman who would not appreciate being dominated.

But the truth of the matter was, the idea of finding a man that could dominate me started to sound more and more thrilling. The King then started speaking, making the announcements of morning entertainment and in the afternoon would be the battle of the suitors. The entertainment would be done by the young women, showing off their talents that they had procured and enhanced since birth. The battle of the suitors was to show off the strengths of potential husbands.

As I had no intention of fulfilling anyone's hope of myself taking a husband against my will. As the day progressed one of the more daring men stepped up and engaged conversation with my father first. Finally, feeling more confident, he approached me, talking about his family riches and the lavish lifestyle he lived and how a wife would immensely enjoy luxury. He went on to show me a lovely diamond ring he intended to gift his wife.

The more he spoke, the more I wished to trample his face. Finally, letting my mind wander, I rested my chin in my hand, and thought of my new toy sword that the larger brute had given as a gift the previous day. I could hear him prattle on and on when finally silence begged for my attention.

I tilted my head, finding his face flushed with embarrassment. I took a deep breath, my mind relaying everything he had said in the last half an hour. My mind replayed Caden telling him that he had bored me.

"Wayward, was it?

"Wyvern." He ground out.

"You mentioned you're from the Hauto region. Your city is wrought with drought and pestilence, your people starving and your soldiers are beasts who prowl around looking for the weak to prey on. You tax the people despite this and live so luxuriously that your food becomes wasteful and you offer a woman you have shown absolutely no true interest in a ring worth enough to feed those who need it for half a year. You disgust me." The ring placed in my hand made a sharp sound as the jewel broke. I took his hand, pouring the now powdered ring into his palm. "If you approach me again with sugared words and pretty things I will make sure to give you the same beastly treatment your men are giving your people."

"How dare y-!"

His words stalled the moment my head made contact with his nose, shattering it.

"I intended to remain silent, but you have forced my hand."

I put a finger to his temple and his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

"Was there something you wished to tell the King?"

"What is the meaning of this?" The King asked of my grandfather, anger clear in his eyes.

"My grand daughter have many skills and hidden talents. One of which is to see anyone's true intentions and thoughts. A talent she was blessed with when she summoned both her beasts when she was ten."