13 second opinion

MARINE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIVE SERVICE

VALERIS ISLAND HQ - ARCHIVES

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT - INTERROGATION ROOM 4C

CASE NO. 2306-4837

WITNESS: MURASAKI ARISA

TIME STAMP

« 03:37:29 - 03:49:02 »

- static; clock ticking -

- papers shuffling; muffled footsteps-

WITNESS: (silence; head sunken into arms)

SECONDARY INVESTIGATOR (S.I.): (silence)

PRIMARY INVESTIGATOR (P.I.): Arisa-san - listen. (chair creaking) Do you really think we're pulling this out of thin air? That we've spent all this time cherry-picking evidence, combing through witness statements to create some sort of false narrative that we're out to get you?

WITNESS: I never said that.

S.I.: Not outright, but isn't that what you're implying?

P.I.: (sighs) All of us here know that we have more than enough reasons to be concerned about what was going on between the two of you. More than enough reason. (papers rustling) Look - here are all my notes. And that isn't even the start of it. We have your sisters' statements. [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]-san's statements. All of Dr. Minerva's notes. The photos. All those incidents leading up to that night... (shakes head) You're telling me that all of these things put together isn't reason enough? (rustling; table creaking) Arisa-san, we're just trying to help you here!

WITNESS: (silence)

- clock ticking -

- silence -

[REDACTED]

P.I.: Alright. (sighs) How about... (pause; papers rustling) We're going to have to get into some topics that might be... a bit more difficult for you to talk about.

WITNESS: (silence)

P.I.: Let's talk about infidelity. (chair creaking) Did you ever cheat on him?