16 to love an outcast

The "evidence" portions of the chapters will start to get considerably heavier from this point forward. Themes will include unhealthy infatuation, gaslighting, grooming, sexual assault, and mental health deterioration among other things.

This chapter depicts grooming, suicidal ideation, and sexual assault (non-explicit). Please advise accordingly.

 Please advise accordingly

MARINE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIVE SERVICE

VALERIS ISLAND HQ - ARCHIVES

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE

CASE NO. 2306-4837

ENTRY 05

[REDACTED], 1518

It started raining as soon as I got back from my walk.

I feel so tired and lightheaded

Its bothersome

but I should put something down before I fall asleep

I've been doing a lot of reading in my spare time. They have an extensive library here and I happened to come across quite a few books I remember being assigned as a student.

And it reminded me of this one famous short story we all had to read back in school...

Don't remember the title but the plot

well there wasn't even much of a fucking plot was there

Its just the account of some dude's life. He is born with a condition that makes him 'unable to discern what it means to be happy or unhappy,' and functions in society by imitating the sentiments of others like a street jester. His attempts at mimicry are grotesquely overexaggerated and comes across as 'inhuman,' a 'monstrosity'... and everyone around him is either scared away or just laughs at him.

Is that the irony?

That the more he tries the more alienated he becomes?

I don't even remember how that story ends. I looked for it in the library but they didn't have it.

Maybe the guy kills himself. That wouldn't be surprising, considering that's what the writer did in real life. I remember learning about THAT at least.

So many writers back then just killed themselves. Even the rich aristocratic ones.

well