Not A Joke

March 31

Laughter.
It was ringing through the flat owned by Fred and Hermione.
They had just come home from a celebration dinner, for Fred's birthday.
They did it a day before so that they could celebrate with the entire Weasley family the next day.

They had a posh dinner and just strolled around muggle London for a bit before returning to their shared flat for the night.
Fred told Hermione stories about him and George's escapaded and pranks during their childhood, which Hermione found amusing.

They were seated on the couch, in their pajamas.
Fred was halfway through telling her of the time when they burned a hole through Ron's tongue with an acid pop, when Hermione suddenly claimed his lips in a passionate kiss.

He kissed back, smiling.
His hands ran through her bushy hair and Hermione's hands were around his neck, pulling him closer.
Fred broke away, leaving Hermione in a pout.
He chuckled and pushed her against the wall, kissing her deeply.

Her hands absentmindedly slipped into his pajama pockets and Fred smiled to himself.
This was exactly what he wanted.
Hermione's hands slipped deeper into his pockets and something cold and round worked its way up her left ring finger.
She gasped and pulled away.

On her finger was a delicately carved turmaline with aquamarine wings.
It was shaped like a snitch and if you looked at it in the right angle, you could see the engraving on the band; "Your heart was a snitch to catch"

Hermione gazed at it before looking up at Fred, happy tears in her eyes.
"Really?" She asked
Fred shrugged "Yeah, is that a yes?" He answered hopefully.
Hermione smirked, "Well, technically you never asked, so I don't really have an answer..." she teased.
Fred raised an eyebrow, "You cheeky little witch" he muttered.
He cleared his throat and looked Hermione in the eye, making her knees feel wobbly, "Hermione Jean Granger, you know what I'm gonna ask you, so what do you say?" He said simply and stared lovingly at Hermione.

Hermione smiled and composed herself "It was a yes since I met you, you idiot" she said and threw herself at Fred and embraced him tightly.
Fred smiled and stroked her hair.
With Hermione, life would never be boring.

————————————————————————
A/n: That's it! I did it! I double updated! Sorry for both of them being proposals, but I just thought it would be nice to celebrate Fred's (and George's) birthday with some super romantic stuff. Hope you like it!