Fearless

(A/n: Hello everyone! I love reading and writing song-fics whilst listening to the song, so I thought that maybe you'd like to experience my story as well. So I can't attach the link somehow, but I really recommend listening to it. Enjoy the story!!!)

(Hermione's POV)

(There's something 'bout the way the street looks when it's just rained. There's a glow off the pavement, you walk me to the car. And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there in the middle of the parking lot, yeah.)

Six months after the war, wow. A lot has changed, really. And I mean A LOT, after all, I was on a date with Fred Weasley today. If that didn't count as change, I don't know what is. What made me say yes to him is beyond me, but I guess that the war made us love harder. We were going on a "muggle date" as Fred put it. He'd gone all out, getting a muggle driver's license and renting a car for the day. He had brought me to the cinema and we enjoyed a good movie together. I found myself enjoying his company more and more. As soon as we stepped out into the parking lot to find the car, it started raining. Fred decided to be a gentleman and whipped an umbrella from his side, I don't know how. He held it over me and I smiled at him gratefully and kissed his cheek, which made him blush a little, which was new. We walked to the car chatting lightly. And every now and then, I would glance at the sidewalk and sigh dreamily. I love the rain, and I especially love dancing in the rain. Fred noticed me glancing at the pavement and smiled at me, and I could tell that some sort of plan was forming in his head.

(You're driving down the road. I wonder if you know, I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now. But you're just so cool, run your hand through your hair absentmindedly, making me want you)

I got into the passenger seat and Fred started the engine. He was going to drive me home to my flat. He told me all about how Weasley's Wizard Wheezes is booming and I told him about working at the Ministry. Everytime he got interested or excited, I noticed that he would run a hand through his already messy flaming red hair. Which I found rather adorable and distracting. I chided myself to stop staring and engage in the conversation. I was so absorbed in talking to him, that I didn't notice that he took a different route.
"Fred? Are we lost?" I asked him in a slightly nervous tone
"Nope love, just making a detour" he replied and made me blush at his choice of words
He continued driving whilst talking animatedly.

(So, baby, drive slow, 'Till we run out of road. In this one-horse town, I wanna stay right here, in this passenger seat, you put your eyes on me. In this moment now, capture it remember it)

As he drove, he would occasionally steal a glace at me, making me blush lightly. I wanted to capture this moment in a photograph and keep it in a locket for the rest of my life. He looked at me with pure adoration in his eyes and I returned it. He suddenly stopped in front of a wide grassy field. He wordlessly got out of the car and opened my door. I didn't understand but then it hit me. He wanted to make my wish come true.

('Cause I don't know how it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless. And I don't know why, but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless)

He took my hand and pulled me out the door into the pouring rain. It dripped down my face and I felt so free. Fred took me in his arms and he twirled me around then swayed with me cuddled up to his chest. I loved this moment and I wouldn't mind reliving this moment wearing my favorite periwinkle blue dress from the Yule Ball, I wouldn't care if it got soaked, as long as I spent the moment with Fred. After a few minutes of dancing, Fred cast a quick drying charm on us before we entered the car and drove back to my flat. 

(And you stood there with me in the doorway, my hands shake. I'm not usually this way but, you pull me in and I'm a little more brave. It's a first kiss, it's flawless, really something. It's fearless)

Fred dropped me off at my flat and I just awkwardly stood there before deciding to get on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. I turn around, cursing myself for my so called "Gryffindor courage", when I feel a hand gently grab my wrist. Before I could register what was happening, Fred pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly. It was a kiss of promises, promises I knew we could keep. I felt really giddy and kissed him back. We pulled away, blushing
"Be my girlfriend 'Mione?" He asked me and I nodded.
I pecked his lips before running up to my room to squeal into my pillow. 

As I reminisce, I have never fathomed that I would be Fred's girlfriend and right now, be engaged to him. Tomorrow we get married and I'm feeling fearless.