LXII: Let Them Stare

Zelda's Perspective:

The kiss seemed to go on forever. I melted into his arm and, as soon as our lips connected, it seemed like time had lost all meaning. I didn't think about how long we'd been on the roof or who might be seeing us, because his hand was cupping my cheek, thumb rubbing my skin gently, other hand wrapped around my waist and holding me to him.

The kiss had me frozen and it escalated. He was just holding me tightly, like if he let me go I'd disappear and my nails dig through his claws, grabbing onto his desperately. This didn't feel real. This was just too good to be real.

As we stood there, enveloped in each other's arms, the crisp air of night was chased away by a warm Gerudo breeze, the sunlight seeping through my eyelids, despite how tightly I screwed them up. I finally pulled away from felt wetness on my cheek. At first, I figured it was raining. But then, Link lips escaped mine and his thumb wiped a drop from my cheek, smiling softly.

"Why are you crying, my love?" he asked. I choked for a moment, my voice hiccuping and I could feel the sting of the tears in my eyes. I grinned and sniffed, swiping at my leaking eyes.

"I- I'm just r-really happy," I managed to murmur, laughing a bit. I didn't think I could stop my happy smile, even if I tried. He chuckled, cupping my face gently and pecking at each tear that rolled down my cheeks.

My senses began to return to me and suddenly I heard the bustle of the town. The sky had gone from magnificent shades of yellow, orange, red, purple, pink to a light blue. The center square was full of people, vai talking amongst themselves or negotiating with the vendors. I couldn't help but feel their eyes flick to us, each person only briefly before they looked away, hoping they wouldn't be caught.

"They're staring at us..." I murmured and Link glanced around, thumbs rubbing over my knuckles soothingly. His brows furrowed for a moment before he met my gaze again, pressing his forehead against mine. He brushed my hair behind my ears, gentle as a butterfly.

"Then let them stare," he responded. I smiled and he kissed me again. This peck was brief, only him brushing his lips against mine just enough so that I could feel his warm breath, before leaning away and pulling me down so I was sitting.

"You don't... mind?" I asked breathlessly, letting my legs dangle off the roof. It really was pretty view. From this vantage point, I could see most of the town square, plus get a beautiful look at the sky overhead.

"Why would I?" he said. His fingers began to tug on my hair, not hard, but just twirling it around his finger. In the bright sunlight, my hair looked like liquid chocolate in his hands. He leaned his head on my shoulder, kissing my jawline a bit. "Why would I care when I'm with the love of my life?"

I chuckled, nodding. "Fair enough..." We day silent for a little bit and I held the ring out in front of me. Now with the clear sunlight, I could see that it didn't really have a tint. When the light passing through the diamond, rainbows cascaded across everything close by. I held it up more, and the gem turned more blue, sparkling and reflecting the color of the sky.

"Do you like it?" he asked quietly.

"How could I not like something you gave me?" I responded, folding my hands in my lap again. I brushed my fingers over the back of his hand. "We're keeping Urbosa waiting..." I commented.

Link's lips were against my neck, kissing and sucking on it slightly and lazily. "Let her wait."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "You'll really make Urbosa wait?" I asked in disbelief. He groaned, murmuring under his breath.

"No, no we shouldn't make her wait. Let's go." He helped me up, squeezing my hand tightly as he helped me down the garden trellis. We climbed all the way down instead of ducking thro ugh h the window. Link went first, then held my waist as I climbed trying to prevent me from falling.

He smiled a bit, lacing his fingers through mine and we began to walk towards the palace. I tried to ignore the stares, and I was so focused on them, I didn't hear it at first.

"Shit!" I glanced up. The towns women looked uneasy, backing away from the entrance to the guard's barracks. The clashing metal clanged through the air sharply, followed by a brief shout, either of pain or anger, I couldn't tell.

"Fucking evil bastards!" the same voice shouted, definitely angry this time, deep and commanding. There was only one person who had the kind of deep commanding voice.

Is that... Urbosa?

~~~

Sorry for the late chapter, I was at a guy's house (bow chika wow wow). It was fun. I made a new friend. He's a very polite young man. His name is Seymour and his roommate owns this snake. Yes, my new friend is a snake.

That's it. See y'all next week.